passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PAYDAY 2

Sly Reflex

http://www.pd2skills.info/

I gave the perk trees a once over. Trust me to pick the shittiest tree, it basically revolves around me having to shout at people in game to get the to do stuff better. The technician and ghost trees are crazy good though, one being of the opinion of "I'm going to come in here and steal what the fuck I want and leave a trail of dead from start to finish." and the latter being "I'm going to come in here and steal what I want and none of you cunts will know until it's too late."

That'll probably explain why you spend a lot of time on the deck when massive fire fights break out then. I'm specced into body armour and making people do as I tell them.

It'll also explain how you managed to bump those guys in the art gallery without them kicking off, until the camera spotted a body. I wonder if we snuck into the camera room and got rid of the guy there if the cameras would still alert the rest of the guards? I don't know if they are triggered to go if someone is in that room with them or whether they'll just go off if they detect us regardless. If we could get in and rub the camera guy followed by a quick sweep of the meandering security guards before they see any bodies we should be free to walk about at leisure and take all the art we want.

I bet there's loads of ways you could pull these heists off, they're really open ended in their design.

I wonder if we snuck into the camera room and got rid of the guy there if the cameras would still alert the rest of the guards? I don't know if they are triggered to go if someone is in that room with them or whether they'll just go off if they detect us regardless. If we could get in and rub the camera guy followed by a quick sweep of the meandering security guards before they see any bodies we should be free to walk about at leisure and take all the art we want.

So while everyone was watching the footsball, this was my mission.

First of all a few things to mention that either I didn't know or we all didn't know.

On the mission screen you can see a map of the level and also buy extra perks for that mission. These include an extra entry point, an extra roof point, a doctor bag and an ammo bag.

Here is the map.

post-62-0-54385300-1402616741_thumb.jpg

Top left is the way in by the toilets. The security room is bang in the middle, however the paintings, guard positions, cameras and where the door to the security room is are all randomised.

You can drop in from the roof but make sure you check where the entrance is first.

Here are the facts:

Destroy a camera and if a guard sees it he will raise the alarm.

Camera sees you for longer than your class can take (Ghost is better at this than the others classes) and the alarm goes off.

Kill a guard on camera and the alarm will go off.

Kill a guard and don't answer his pager straight away and the alarm will go off.

An alive guard finds a dead guard, alarm goes off.

Answer a pager more than twice and the security guard won't believe you and raise the alarm.

Put the drill up on the security room and if a guard sees it he will raise the alarm.

So easy right?

Here's the only way you can do it stealthily (until we unlock more hardcore equipment or perks):

Get right to the security room sneaking past the cameras, not destroying them, killing no guards, set up the drill, hide somewhere near for when the drill breaks down and kill a maximum of 2 guards during the drill sequence.

Even then it's only theoretical that opening the security room and killing the guard inside will stop the alarm going off. I've restarted the mission at least 20 times tonight and not once opened the room un-detected.

The only times I came close is when the door to the security room was right by the toilets.

I suppose it's possible with 4 people to open the first door by the toilets and grab a painting each and get the fuck out. However apart from the paintings placement being random, there's also sometimes a laser motion sensor blocking entrance to the other half of the gallery, unless you go round by the lobby.

I had no idea you could get maps, you'll have to show me where to get those in the menus.

I noticed that there's several options when putting the drill on the lock. One of them's a pass key. I've no idea where the key is. One os the saw which we don't have yet. The other is that immobaliser which comes with the Ghost set up. Maybe you can break the lock on an electronic level and sneak in and off the guard in there?

Another way to do it would be to let you sneak in and take as many painting as possible without alerting anyone and bringing them to the toilets for the rest of us to smuggle out. How many are you able to get out? Maybe use the jammer to kill the lasers so you can get through there and to the other side to steal those paintings as well. If you leave a painting on the floor does the alarm go off if a guard sees it? If that is the case I'd suggest you drop them back in the toilets and then either me or anyone else that's playing takes them up across the roof and throws them into the carpark for a sneaky getaway.

I could always stand on the roof as eyes in the sky for you while you sneak about too, You can mark guards by aiming at them and pressing R2 to outline them. It's not permanent though.

Are the cameras randomised as well? I can't see any marking on that map that could be them.

I love that you can plan how to do stuff like this, it's making me think outside the game.

Is anyone capable of getting on tomorrow or whenever H can get on next? Even if we just do the levels to get more money it'll be worth it. A fourth man would be lovely.

I might be busy Friday night, not sure as yet. Probably free in the day though.

The camera placements are all random.

If the extra entrance is on the opposite side of the toilets then I reckon you could have two either side and bum rush the paintings out.

I tried using my jammer rather than ammo bag and it didn't give me another option other than the drill to get in. Must be another item to unlock.

On my own I was able to get at least one painting out to the van undetected so it's possible to do it with a few of us, depending on where the paintings end up being.

Some runs I was lucky and had two or three in the same room, some times I had only one in each.

I think that might be the best way forward. Try using the jammer on the lasers and see if you can get through there. I don't know if I can see which painting we need to take from the skylights, but that might be worth a try.

There was something else I was going to suggest after thinking over the perks, but I can't remember what it was and having a quick glance over them now I'm seeing which perk I was thinking about. I think it was the perk where during stealth I am able to mark all the guards for good, or at least that's how I think it works. It's something we'll have to try for real as it's hard to tell in concept how something will work.

I just realised that the Framing mission we could have got those pictures out without alerting the guards to get the trophy. I don't think we'll get a chance like that again. I feel like a tit for fucking that up now.

It's a good game this. I'm glad it got some attention when it was released, it fully deserves it. Some parts of it need looking at if they're ever to make a PAYDAY 3. My biggest problem with it really isn't a fault of the game at all, but rather the PS3 and the awful way it deals with voice chat. You just can't hear anybody reliably.

Tomorrow? Can we get a full lobby, or am I just fantasizing? I can play almost all day aside from having something to eat. I want to be done for the Argentina (23:00) game though, although I doubt any of you will be playing that late anyway.