passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

I don't expect anything surprising as it'll be the summer one that'll probably have that but probably more concrete stuff on what we already know about.  Splatoon 3 and BotW2 but ports of 3rd party stuff will dry up.  

At this point it'd be nice to get a peek of Metroid Prime 4 but I'm starting to think it'll probably be a launch game for a Switch 2 or prioritise that.

As for realistic announcements I want some more Mario Odyssey before the Switch goes out as a little swan song before they move on but that opportunity has probably passed.

@HandsomeDead as reported the other day Nintendo sees the Switch as mid way through it's life cycle since it's selling so well. I would expect redesigns, variants and a 4K version before a Switch 2. So MP4 and more Mario could still happen. 

Even though not technically a Direct they announced Pokemon Arceus last January. So there isn't 0 chance big games get announced. There's possibility. 

No one's talking about Kirby which I think is some pretty biased shit. What'd Kirby ever do to you. 

Well Kirby is out soon so there's time for him in the spotlight a little as the next game does look like it could be fun and the biggest game he's been in.

It's specifically an Odyssey 2 I want.  I could see more Mario happening but it'll be a fully new game but I just would have liked a second helping, and if that was a thing it would have already happened I think.

I’ve come around on Odyssey and think that game is awesome. But even being awesome it’s still a lower/middle ranked Mario game for me. So if it were a fully new take on Mario again I would really like that.

However I think Odyssey was so popular that the next Mario will be the same style. With Bowser’s Fury as well showing the Mario team is still interested in this kind of exploratory heavy, open world-ish kind of Mario game. I think you’ll get a Mario like Odyssey before I get a Mario that moves on. 

You want a Mario game with no exploration? Have you tried Super Mario Bros. ? You’re asking for a devolution.

No one is forgetting Kirby but it’s a known quantity. I’d rather not see a game I’m picking up in a month. It’s his 30th anniversary and I’d like to see Kirby’s pinball land released.

If the only thing announced is Zelda for Christmas tho I’d be happy. A Christmas that doesn’t suck would be awesome. 

I want a Mario game with less filler. And after 1 and a half attempts at it they can’t seem to make one of these exploration based Mario’s without it. 

This Kirby game is going to be amazing I can feel it. 

It is always a little disappointing when the 3D Marios don't sell as well as the 2D ones. The 3D ones all try to push the envelope. Whereas the formula based ones (which peaked with SMW) seem to be more popular with the masses.

2 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

The bigger issue might be how few new games Nintendo put out. They released Super Mario Bros again last year

I think I've sort of exhausted their output. I haven't touched the Switch for ages, and even when they bring something new out, like Metroid dread, I find I'm loathe to get started because the gameplay loop has become too familiar. I can't feel any excitement towards BotW 2 either, which is rather worrying.

I'm a bit the same about Rockstar.

With any luck we'll start seeing more new games from them the next couple of years. There's Kirby, Splatoon and Zelda (Pokémon has just come out but it's not really Nintendo). Granted, Kirby aside they're all very well trodden (Kirby at least plays different from previous games).

They could do with some actual fresh ideas, some new IP, but that's not really what they've been about since the NES. It's just amplified on the Switch because of the WiiU ports

I definitely know what you mean though. I've limited love for Mario Kart, and it got to the point I just stopped playing them at all because I was getting bored immediately. Testament to how faithful their series are I guess, but there's a downside to the I'm worried Splatoon is going to suffer from

Anyway, Direct tonight so this could age like milk

14 hours ago, OCH said:

It is always a little disappointing when the 3D Marios don't sell as well as the 2D ones. The 3D ones all try to push the envelope. Whereas the formula based ones (which peaked with SMW) seem to be more popular with the masses.

The landscape is so different idk where to begin with this hot take.

Put it this way. 2D Mario is cheaper to make. If the sales were so much greater they’d focus more on them because alarmingly Nintendo is a business.

They instead treat each entry as a celebration, elaborate on the series and incorporate on what has been.