passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

Does that mean Star Fox will still be called Lylat Wars on our version or will it be Star Fox 64? Also why does 60hz matter when the frame rate in these games were bad anyway? 

There’s so much potential with this service. One of the things I want from it is the chance to play games that I played very little of or never got to play as a kid. A small list of wishes from me to Nintendo would be 

1. Turok 3

2. Beetle Adventure Racing

3. Mega Man 64

4. Kirby Crystal Shards

5. Spider-Man 64

6. Castlevania

7. Duke Nukem Zero Hour

8. 40 Winks

And as a bonus Smash Bros 64 with online oooooooh

And then a tonne of other games that I did play a lot of but want to play again. Gimme Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon 2 I never managed to beat that game as a kid. 

Hopefully this doesn’t go the way of the NES and SNES online games where they started strong, it went quiet for a really long time, then they just get the crappest, cheapest games on the service. Even though the licensing and rights will be a little muddy with some of these games hopefully things from the PS1 era are better organised and they can make more of the N64 library then they did with the SNES and NES. 

Damn it’s hard to believe it was that slow. It never seemed that slow at the time. When they show the 50hz version the music sounds drunk. Being a kid + ignorant really was bliss, huh.

Still It’ll be interesting to see how it effects N64 games. Those games were not that fast. But maybe it will make getting those high score targets on Lylat Wars even harder

I remember when I first got my 60hz switch on the Saturn. I literally knocked multiple seconds off all my best times on Sega Rally instantly. It matters. They just run faster as Dwarf shows. Plus it removes those huge borders at top and bottom of the screen. 

That is very good news. 

2 hours ago, Maf said:

Still It’ll be interesting to see how it effects N64 games. Those games were not that fast. But maybe it will make getting those high score targets on Lylat Wars even harder

It will be the same difference though, they will be 16.66 percent slower.

This is also why it's way easier to dodge the lightning bolts in the PAL PS2 version of FFX, we had more time to do it

edit, the PAL versions are 16.66 percent slower, the new ones on switch will be 20% faster as they are 60hz

23 hours ago, Maf said:

2. Beetle Adventure Racing

As much as I'd love that and subscribe to the service if it was part of it, it seems borderline impossible that this will ever turn up with it being one of those infamous games where the licence is held by three different companies.

2 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

F-Zero X online? That would be the only reason I would upgrade for.

Same here. Only reason o can think of to get this. Not actually sure how well F-Zero X will hold up too, it’s one of my all time favourite games and I don’t want to ruin that memory of it.

Any ideas if these are up-ressed and have better frame rates? I know about th 60hz thing but N64 games are still going to be rough if not. & that price is ridiculous if they’re literally doing nothing else. Especially as someone who doesn’t give a flying fuck about the AC DLC. Remove that and do it cheaper please. 

I wouldn't expect any noticeable improvements, I just hope they don't run worse, which they usually don't.

But F-Zero X was one of the few N64 games that ran at 60 so obviously concessions were made so it could hit that fps.  I saw an F-Zero retrospective that Digital Foundry did recently and X isn't a looker, but I could still see it feeling as fast and smooth as it is.  I bet it would just make me want GX, tho

Oh, and the price is ridiculous.  I was expecting an extra tenner at the most but they just straight up doubled it.  You'd think Nintendo were skint.

31 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Just checked, OoT is actually capped at 20fps on n64, pal version ran at 17. Damn, how did Blakey play these. Not for me :sick:

Within the context of the time, you didn't actually notice. All N64 games looked weird. So your eyes just adjusted.