Sign in to follow this  
DifferentClass

Nintendo News

How can something so big be so unprofessional? I've seen small time streamers handle themselves more professionally than that.

Purchases stopped a while back.  Last year sometime. 

I guess after 30th January you can't even redownload anything. 

I redownloaded everything to my WiiU the other week, possibly prompted by hearing something about this without realising. Closing the store is whatever, but they should keep downloads open

I suddenly find myself reconsidering my all digital ways.

I just don't have space for physical media. Can't carry all that shite around when I'm moving house/jobs/country.

Damn right, I really want to play Castlevania Rebirth again but I can’t seem to sign in to my Wii account so I need it on something else. Anything else.

Well, I've got 450 Wii Points to spend, but think that the minimum for a game is 500, oh well.

Also, worth mentioning, when I bought my Wii, back at the end of 2007, I also bought a SanDisk Official Wii 2Gb SD memory card - which to this day is still sealed & unused. Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I can recall getting my first MP3 player, c2003, a Creative MuVo 64 Mbs, which was 2 reasonable compressed CDs of music.

Then again I grew up with Spectrum & C64 games on tape, followed by PCs with 5.25" floppy discs, and 720 kbs 3.5" SD discs, so compared to them 64 Mbs was huge !

Thinking back, I'd read somewhere an article that said the Wii didn't have much built-in storage space, so thought buying the card was a good/necessary move, especially against the backdrop of some GameCube games which required the larger sized memory cards in order to even run (The Sims/Urbz for example). Which is kind of ironic now, given some Switch games need additional memory to run/install too (eg. NBA 2k18, LA Noire)