passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

7 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

2019 when they put out Mario Maker 2 and New Super Mario Bros U for Switch. Which is 2 years after Odyssey, the 'last' 3d game

The bigger issue might be how few new games Nintendo put out. They released Super Mario Bros again last year

I think that's just following the trend of shifting all their Wii U line-up to the Switch rather than trying to satiate "the masses" with a 2D Mario.

And Mario Maker is bringing the ROM hack to people in an official capacity.

Point is I don't think the NSMB style of game is much of a priority anymore and hasn't for a long time now.  It was a thing for a hot minute where I think it was a good fit for the Wii/DS era especially but to think that's still the case is completely out of touch.

40 minutes until the Direct starts. I think start a unique news thread for it as this is going to be big. Like remember that one time that rock hit that other rock and all the dinosaurs died? I think like that but big. 

Tim Rogers was very recently talking about this game on a podcast so this is some weird coincidence it's getting released since I don't think I'd heard of it before then.

It does look cool though, like the sort of thing that could have been a big deal (or at least a bigger cult classic) if it left Japan back then.

I also half-remember Live A Live from somewhere, but it sounds like a game I wouldn't enjoy (RPG without level-ups and Octopath structure). But maybe its uniqueness will make me give it a shot.

Lots of interesting games in there. Switch Sports was probably the only segment where I checked out for a bit. Even Strikers looks good to me and I loathe everything around football.

Got round to watching this, Main stand out was easily Live A Live for me. Project Triangle still looks ace and Switch Sports surprised me, looked a lot better than I expected. Will be getting that, price dependant.

Otherwise nothing else for me unfortunately. 

I was looking up games only available on the 3DS eShop and will be lost and it looks like Kokuga, a game by the director of Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga has already been delisted on the European store.  It was noticed missing in 2020.  It's just available in the American and probably Japanese ones now.  I'm pretty bummed about that.

But also what Dangerman said as well as the others in the Guild series (which I would link to but it won't let me paste the link for some reason) which is:

Liberation Maiden (this did get an iOS port)

Aero Porter

Crimson Shroud

Weapon Shop de Omasse

Attack of the Friday Monsters!

Bugs vs. Tanks

The Starship Damrey

I don't know if these will be essential playing to everyone but given the circumstances that these will be gone forever unless they get ported somewhere else, which I don't think is that likely.

Fortunately I think a lot of other games that got big off the 3DS eShop did turn up elsewhere but I'm sure there's others to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, HandsomeDead said:

I was looking up games only available on the 3DS eShop and will be lost and it looks like Kokuga, a game by the director of Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga has already been delisted on the European store.  It was noticed missing in 2020.  It's just available in the American and probably Japanese ones now.  I'm pretty bummed about that.

it's not great, imo anyway, if that's any consolation.

harmoknight is another 3ds eshop recommendation that was my favorite one along with already mentioned pullblox/fallblox/boxboy. liked friday monsters too.

Yeah, I heard it's not up there with the other games he's worked on but still, it's just a shame.

I've been looking through the eShop and there's also a couple of Dillon's Rolling Western games which I remember at the time getting some praise and there's a few small Kirby games that are just available there.

I don't think Jett Rocket 2 got released anywhere else and Shin'en games generally.  They should collection at this point.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, HandsomeDead said:

I can't remember if there is any difference between the SNES and GBA versions of Yoshi's Island.

They replaced the classic heavy breathing/wheezing sound Yoshi makes during his double-jump flutter with that annoying trumpeting sound thing he does in every new Mario game.

So SNES > GBA.