passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

20 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Can someone do like a quick summary of what they announced when it's done, I will give you internet cred if you do (v. valuable)

Item 1:

Glad they finally announced the Switch Pro I can’t wait to get it and try

E37-w3dXEAIV7uk?format=jpg&name=large

Waitaminute 

(You can play 2 of these 3 games for £3.99 as part of the Nintendo online games why the fuck)

5 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I'm a bit suspicious of the Guardians of the Galaxy game. Maybe I've had my view of what the Switch can do skewed over the years, but it looked a bit too good to me. Maybe not Switch footage, or maybe Switch Pro?

I just saw this

• 3 weeks later...

Stumbled upon the demo for Shadowverse: Champion's Battle yesterday. I literally never heard of it before but it's supposedly a popular mobile TCG thing, but the Switch version is more of an RPG type affair with you running around the game world and challenging other players.

Decided to give it a try because why not and I have to say it surprised me a bit. It's rather nice-looking in handheld mode and the little bit I've seen of the card mechanics aren't too bad. It's a mix between various systems from games like Gwent, Magic and even some Fable Fortune (RIP). It's fun and feels surprisingly polished, I think I'll pick it up at some point. The script is a bit on the childish side though, think Yo-Kai Watch or Pokémon and you get the gist.

The first Vita model had an OLED, yes. 

I think this is a great update. It's more "premium" than the original but it's simultaneously kind of a small-ish improvement which makes it easy to just give it a miss if you don't feel like spending that much money on a console you technically already have. No fractioning of the userbase as would have happened with a "Pro" model.

The LAN port is super weird though. I mean at this point people are lagging around online with McDonald's WiFi anyway because there's 80 million Switches out there who don't have such a port in the dock.

The original Switch has terrible wifi, the last house I lived in it straight up wouldn't work. A powerline extension with an ethernet cord would have made like a good bit easier so I think that's one good thing they added

But I don't play Switch anymore because I find the ports underwhelming and they look bad on a TV. I'll check back in for SMT and BOTW2 but that's it so I was really hoping for a power lift here

Yeah, the wifi chip in that thing is awful, I can have full bars in a room with my 3DS but Switch is saying "nope, no wifi here".

But there's super cheap adapters already for a LAN connection so in my world I thought everyone who wanted to hook it up by cable would have already done so by now.

Edit: for those who dislike the white dock, there'll also be a black edition:

image01?v=2021070613

Unfortunately that one comes with the red-blue Joycons...

(Vertical box is kind of neat.)