passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

yeah, for me this is the downside of hype from the publisher's side. They could have said "look out for Bakugan news on tomorrow's Treehouse" but they didn't, they teased it as Wayforward's new game, then that they were working on a 3rd party property, which leaves everything apart from Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc on the table for people to speculate. When it doesn't live up to that speculation you're going to get disappointment 

I don’t disagree with that, it’s just how people (certain gamers anyway) handle that disappointment I find bemusing. 

@Jimbo Xiii They always play the big titles known about and out soon, but I honestly can’t think of one game announcement happening during a THL.

12 minutes ago, mmmark said:

@Jimbo Xiii They always play the big titles known about and out soon, but I honestly can’t think of one game announcement happening during a THL.

Fair enough, that makes sense. I think I've only watched one before for Animal Crossing so not really in the best position to say what they do in them.

I was looking forward to what Wayforward were up to next but this looks a little too slapped together.  If the battles had some more drama to them I'd be up for giving it a chance but it seems a bit dull. 

But, I still haven't played the latest Shantae which looks like a bit more of a return to form after finding the last game a little weaker than the previous.  So I guess I still have that. 

Well that first half was underwhelming even without expectations but then they really turned it up to 11, holy cow.

SMTV is alive and SMTIII aka Nocturne gets the "Remakester" treatment? And both are coming next year? Damn, good stuff.

Oh wow.

SMTIII is a top 10 contender for me, a really great RPG.

Also yes the fact that Dante is in it for some reason was the thing that got me into SMT, even if Dante himself is sort of rubbish in it

Looks like they replaced Dante with Raidou

A minor issue I have is I hope you can turn VA off as the anime voices kinda cut through the ambience a bit in the trailer.

It's also good to see SMTV again and fitting the world would end IRL before its release lol

The Japanese Video also had new stuff for Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin in the beginning and announced (?) Atelier Ryza 2. Considering both of those games will come out here as well I wonder why we got such a boring first half.

1 hour ago, radiofloyd said:

Great stuff. Guess I should play SMT IV this year in preparation.

Not sure if you'd still want to play V after going through IV. The first 3-6 hours are great, after that it goes downhill really fast.

Apocalypse, the sequel, is really good though.

I found it really difficult to get into IV and just dropped it. I'd say I had 15 hrs in it but even those first 3-6 didn't really pull me in. It felt a step back from III

SMTIII just has such a great aesthetic. In a way I feel the PS2 was the perfect platform for it as it went for this lo-fi look with lots of bloom, the SD-ness giving it a kind of ambience. My main fear with a remaster is it will 'clean' away that style a bit too much. But there's nothing stopping you from sticking it on a Switch on a big TV and getting near enough the same effect I'm sure lol.

I really liked that game. Not a very character focused game like Persona but way cooler and weirder with its setting.

I loved 4, one of my favourite rpgs, probably my 2nd favourite SMT

that might be partly because I've not finished many, one of the games I always wanted to go back to was Nocturne, I put quite a lot of time in to it but was getting twatted about by one of the skeletons and just never got around to going back. I suspect I'd do better now I understand the series more. I'd definitely be up for playing the remaster, not sure I'm likely to get through 2 in a year, especially as I want to get back to Strange Journey at some point

• 3 weeks later...

It’ll be interesting to see how they design around the fact that there is no more second screen. In the later portions of the game being able to always see the map and flick between groups was really helpful. This game could be much harder without that. 

Maybe they take the opportunity to change the final boss in the game too because fuck that noise