passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

I would have legit loved a mobile Hearthstone style Pokemon card game.  I thought about it quite often due to having a period of playing Hearthstone a lot.  I have no attachment to Warcraft so I wasn't getting how they translated the lore into a card game, so I never got that type of connection. 

I did a bit playing Teppen, the Capcom card game, where I would get the references but that had a Final Fantasy style ATB system and my phone ran the game a bit chunky-ly and would miss some plays I really shouldn't have so I gave up with it. 

I don't know why anyone in Nintendo's mobile division wasn't pushing the fuck for a Pokemon card game.  I certainly would have. 

To be honest The Pokemon Company and Nintendo are kinda different entities so I hope it still happens. 

47 minutes ago, Maf said:

Do other card games have digital versions of themselves? Maybe it’s a contractual thing with the card company that prohibits it. 

It could be, but I'm sure deals could be made.  But I guess making both parties happy with those deals is another question. 

Hot Persuit Remastered! 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527255773e9db8f183b0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, retroed said:

What the fuck is this in the 'coming soon' section?! NSFW warning.

Reveal hidden contents

Yikes. I really don’t know how enforceable it would be because what would you base the standard on, but all of these stores, Nintendo especially, I feel need policing and curating. One because there are kids looking for Mario and Pokemon games that might come across shit like this and all those weird pervert visual novel games on the eShop, and two just because it’s a fucking mess trying to find anything. There might be some amazing gems buried in there somewhere but how would you know when it’s smothered in so much garbage.

Not that I really have any ideas how to achieve these goals of policing and curating it because standardising what is offensive/inappropriate and what is quality I don’t know. eShop needs an overhaul, though, imo. 

And yes Wayforward doing Wario Land is a great idea.

Someone on Reddit pointed out that Reggie is now on the board at Spin Masters, the studio behind Bakugan (as well as Paw Patrol and others) and now this is getting announced via a Treehouse Live, something normally reserved for big releases.

I wonder how that all happened. Wayforward is known for fast, responsive 2D action games. And yet someone thought these guys were the right team to make a super slow-paced RPG with turn-based combat in a 3D engine? Probably the biggest developer "miscast" since Anthem.

It really doesn't look good. I'm pretty if you increase the resolution of Yokai-Watch 3 it'll look better than this.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

something normally reserved for big releases.

I don’t think there’s ever been a big release announced during treehouse live?

I’m surprised by the reaction a children’s game based on a children’s cartoon is getting. All those games way forward make that everyone enjoys, as soon as they’re involved in something different people be like “fck you guys I deserve the game I’d imagined you were making!”

1 hour ago, mmmark said:

I don’t think there’s ever been a big release announced during treehouse live?

I’m surprised by the reaction a children’s game based on a children’s cartoon is getting. All those games way forward make that everyone enjoys, as soon as they’re involved in something different people be like “fck you guys I deserve the game I’d imagined you were making!”

Yeah perhaps, they always seem to be for bigger 1 titles though don't they? 

Isn't this getting attention, as it was announced as a mysterious new game, only to be a licenced cartoon game. It would be like a paw patrol game getting the same treatment.

To be honest, I'm indifferent about the whole thing, but I can get when people are a bit confused by it though.