passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo News

HandsomeDead

• 2 weeks later...

Switch Lite has been officially revealed, due 20th September

No HD rumble, joy-cons can't be detached but you can use additional ones, and it can't be connected to a tv. You can check the packaging of games to see if they support handheld mode, most games do.  Most important it's got a d-pad, so it's already better than the main Switch

4 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Most important it's got a d-pad, so it's already better than the main Switch

Except it can’t switch. 

Seems alright but cant see why you’d bother if you already own a switch.

2 hours ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

Seems alright but cant see why you’d bother if you already own a switch.

You're both under and over estimating the Nintendo massive. Those fools will buy anything. 

Pokémon version coming out in November.

swsh.900x.jpg

switch-lite.900x.jpg

With the Switch Lite coming out on the same day as Link's Awakening, I'm surprised there hasn't been a Zelda edition shown at all. Maybe they're saving that one for BOTW2.

People have been pointing out that they've already started contradicting themselves. In the announcement video, they mention that you'd need to buy separate Joycon controllers if you want to play 1, 2 Switch on Switch Lite. Immediately after this they say that Switch Lite works with every game that supports handheld mode, which you can see at the back of the game case. And guess which game doesn't have that image on the back? Exactly: 1, 2 Switch.

Now people like us know that it will work and that technically every game will work for as long as you put the device down and control with detached Joycons. But good luck putting out a clear message for the casual mums if you can't even get the very first video right. 

Not only that but it's still contradictory even if they watch it. First they say you need Joycons to play 1, 2 Switch. Then they say Switch Lite is compatible with Handheld-enabled games which 1,2 Switch isn't. I already posted this, I don't know why I have to write it again.

If you want a clear message out you don't tell people that "you can play A with extra controller C" and then go on to say "Switch Light is compatible with B".

Why not just say: Switch Lite plays every game but you need additional controllers if handheld mode isn't supported?

Probably too simple and clear for the company that brought us: "2DS, the 3DS that doesn't do 3D" aaand "New 3DS, the 3DS that is still a 3DS but a bit better but no successor".

Yeah, but add to that things like Breath of the Wild not being 100%-able because you won't be able to complete the motion control shrines* (despite it having the handheld icon on the box) and it's just a PR-clusterfuck. *Edit: might be wrong about that, the German Switch page still lists gyrosensors.

Also I'm usually not really critical about Nintendo, as I've loved their consoles and games since the SNES but ever since they started with those radical re-releases of portable hardware I think they've missed the beat quite a few times.

I've just seen the Switch Lite reveal. While I think it's a good idea, and will sell well, I've been thinking of getting a switch for a while, and it doesn't make me want tosave a few quid and get it. I'm still gonna buy the old version.