passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Register 3, get 1 free (3DS) - FE/AC/MH/LM/DKC + more

radiofloyd

If you register three of eight Nintendo 3DS games you'll get another free.

That's a new and decent-looking Nintendo promotion called So Many Games! that begins tomorrow, 23rd April 2013, and should help ease the strain on wallets for those enjoying the current boon in quality titles for the handheld.

The eight games included are:

• Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Register any three with Club Nintendo by 30th June 2013 and you will get a free download code for any one of the remaining five titles. Alternatively, you can select one you've already registered for the promotion to gift to a friend.

The small print: the request of the download code must be completed by 31st July 2013. The code expires on 31st December 2013. There's more on the promotion's official website.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-22-register-three-of-eight-nintendo-3ds-games-to-get-another-free

I have Luigi's Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem, and have DKCR 3D on pre-order. I was planning on getting AC anyway, so I'm super chuffed about this incredibly generous offer. I have Layton Miracle Mask on my system that I received for free a while ago too. Nintendo, you are spoiling us!

i've been thinking of ways to take advantage of this great deal without buying games i don't want...what i plan to do is buy 2 games i don't want, then get fire emblem for free, then sell the 2 games...that should work right?

edit - although with this offer i may struggle to sell the games without a code. hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just registered my games for this, I'd forgotten about the questionnaire that needs to be done every time <_< Still, I should be getting a free game I don't especially want, last time they did something like this I never got my free game (think it was some downloadable Mario game or something?)

That was for buying the console wasn't it?

They just send you the e-mail.

Most the games in the promotion are games i wouldn't mind getting down the line at one point,

Animal Crossing is the one i really want but the one i prefer to have as a download.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have my three games registered now; Luigi's, Fire Emblem, and Donkey Kong Country.

I'm now thinking of getting a digital copy of Castlevania instead of Animal Crossing, as I'd kind of like to get a boxed release of AC over digital. I've given the 'vania demo another play and it's not as bad as I first thought, even though Ben's impressions aren't exactly exhilarating.

I am stuck for what to do also. Is DK any good?

Getting really mixed reviews and I don't REALLY want any of the other games (I have FE and LM already). Monster Hunter sounds cool but playing the demo left me unconvinced... AC games bore me to tears and I've never clicked with 'vania :(

I think you might have a more balanced time with Castlevania than I did. It's not terrible but it's not any sort of Castlevania

I've not checked if I got my donkey kong code yet, I might take my 3ds to the coffee shop and see if I can download it tomorrow

I still haven't had an email with my Castlevania code, but when I logged into my Club Nintendo account the code I had to input on my 3DS was on a banner on the website. It took an age to download. I had to delete a couple demos from my 4GB card to make room. I think I'll be ordering a 16/32 soon.

I read that class 10 is more for cameras and stuff, and not great for things like phones or handhelds, but I dont know enough to be able to know if thats shit or not.

Im thinking im going to get two games im not mega fussed about from that list physical copy and then the digital code for AC as its the sort of game that you keep for longer. I can then trade the physical copies of the games im not sure about in for Zelda when that comes out, as its the main reason im getting the handheld again anyway.

Going to get fire emblem and 3ds xl bundle then probably donkey kong and another, either castlevania or luigi's mansion whatever people have raved over the most.