passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Super 2013 Game Complete Megathon Challenge

DANGERMAN

Radiofloyd was going through some of my greatest hits and stumbled across http://www.mfgamers.com/index.php?showtopic=35914&hl=whore#entry49424'>this incredible thread. RF wanted to keep this years one until closer to the end of the year, but I'd like to keep a track of some things

I know we have a completed game list and a backlog thread, but this is for a list of stuff that you want to get completed by the end of the year.

As things stand I want to get back to and complete Yakuza 4. I stopped at the end of the first chapter, stupidly I set the difficulty too low and there wasn't enough challenge, but I want to get it finished.

Skyrim, I keep threatening to go back to this and never doing it, but I really should go back and finish the main story at least

Luigi's Mansion 2, it's actually next to play after I finish off Crysis 3 this weekend, but for some reason it's got the air of a game that I'm going to leave after the first area (like Kid Icarus). I've liked what I played so I want to stay focussed and finish it

a more tentative one is XCom. I don't rate it as highly as the rest of the world, and with Fire Emblem out I might end up a bit strategied out, before I get around to it, but I don't feel like I played anything like enough of it

I keep a similar list on my Evernote. There's a lot on it but I've managed to cross a couple of titles off this year such as Bayonetta and the two Blendo games. Left them waiting far too long, especially Bayonetta.

The main game I want to concentrate on is the Dark Souls DLC, Artorias of the Abyss, which I'm playing at the moment, although I'm having to plough through the PC version from scratch to get to the new stuff. Also the two Skyrim DLCs, Dawnguard and Dragonborn are a pretty high priority.

Mark of the Ninja, didn't get around to playing much of this last year and I know I'm really going to enjoy it so I definitely want to get it finished soon.

Anna, which I've heard is apparently on par with Amnesia in the horror stakes. Bought it cheap on Steam then forgot about it but I don't want to leave it unplayed for much longer.

There are a few other titles like Rayman Origins, Halo 4, The Darkness 2 and I Am Alive which I've played a bit of then left for something more shiny that I really want to get back to at some point.
These games are what I'm looking forward to finishing the most. The rest on the list I'm marking as backlog games and I'll just get around to them as and when.

Aside from retro or indie titles, my goal is to complete these games:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

The Last Story

Skyward Sword

Bioshock Infinite

Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss

GTA V

That doesn't leave much time for finishing off some older games but I do need to finish all these:

Assassin's Creed 2

Batman Arkham Asylum

Borderlands

Fallout New Vegas

Skyrim

Tales of Vesperia

Xenoblade

I might finish Skyrim and Vesperia this year. After I finish AC2, Arkham Asylum and Borderlands I'll probably sell them or trade them because i don't think I'll be interested in buying any more games in those series. I don't think I'll buy a 720/PS4/WiiU for a while so hopefully in the next 18-24 months I can get through every current gen game I want to play.

My retro gaming will probably be guided by Kickstarter so I at least aim to finish:

Broken Sword 1 & 2

Divine Divinity

The Longest Journey & Dreamfall: TLJ

Quest for Glory I-V (at least make a start on the series)

Shadowrun

Wing Commander I-IV and WC: Privateer (at least make a start on them)

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon/The Pandora Detective/Overseer

Ultima VII: The Black Gate & Serpent Isle

I'll report back at the end of the year!