passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Sly Reflex

I used the Great Sword again tonight to get an extra chance of getting a Rathian Plate by cutting the tail. I could get used to it.

Also, I forgot to mention this in my previous posts, but I was fighting Barroth and I managed to totally break his head. Not just smash it up, but totally smash it off so I could get a carve off it. When stuff like that happens you feel like a total boss.

Ironically could have done it because my friend cancelled but then my wife's train was delayed as were most out of bristol tonight because somebody was wandering along the line, it took them two hours to get him and clear the lines and the disruption basically fucked all the trains so I waited for an hour then had to collect her from Bath anyway.

I played a bit this morning, mainly to boost my resources and unlock some more stuff in Moga Village. It's becoming apparent to me that certain monsters are easier to fight if you take certain weaponry in with you. Anything that's long and flat gets wrecked by Greatswords. Anything that has a head above Hunters head level gets fucked by Horns.

As much as I missed you Sam when you've not been present in game I'm glad you've missed the past month or whatever. It's made me step up and take on the part that you took on in our group, it's learnt me how to observe monsters a lot better. I was fighting Lagi this morning and I didn't take any damage apart from once where I made a mistake and he trapped me against the wall. Compared to how much damage I used to take from him it's a massive improvement. There's a lot to be said for observing and then moving in for the kill while they are preoccupied or stuck in an animation loop. It's actually a very similar play style to the Dual Blades, except you have to be more considered with your actions with the Greatsword. It's easier to break out of a commitment with the Dual Blades.

I did the capture the Lagiacrus quest this morning. What a bastard that was. The low visibility and tiny pools of water in comparison make that fight a lot harder than the one in Moga Woods. I think for farming purposes I'll just do the hunt Lagiacrus and end with a capture as it's miles easier. I'm trying to force my way through the harder missions so I can go back to the earlier ones with two minions, make it as easy as possible for me.

I wish the Wroggi and Baggi would show up in Moga Woods at some point. It's a pain having to go to the quests where they are to farm, it'd be much better if they just cycled them into the weather report. That freeplay random aspect of the game could really benefit from you having to check to see if the monster you're looking for is roaming about and also to warn you weather you should stay away from certain areas if there's something you don't really get on with. As it is now I just go in and murder everything for the resources and a chance to get rare trade items.

I'm not sure if we'll be able to play tonight. I was looking at the Miiverse and it said there was going to be some downtime for maintenance. I'll still jump on at 8pm and try to get on for monster beatings, although if we cannot get a game we cannot get a game. Hopefully we can as the downtime will affect the Miiverse only and not the servers on Capcom's side.

Good session that. Getting the tails of both Rathian and Rathlos in the same area, and then getting a Rathalos Plate off the carve! Amazing! Absolutely destroyed Agnaktor and Uragaan. I'm certain Agnaktor's tail will come off if I cut it enough but the other guy, I'm thinking that's going to be needed to be smashed to fuck with a blunt weapon. There's a soft part on the tail that makes it look like it can be cut but having tried it I'm really unsure.

The Misty Peaks area looks really nice. We had our first taste of high rank Azuros, he wasn't that hard to fight, but when you made a mistake he hit you so hard.

There is good news and bad news. The good news is that any weapons you have you can work on improving throughout the high rank quests. The bad news is that all the armour sets we've worked hard on finishing are going to become obsolete once we get onto the tougher stuff. I'm guessing the Azuros we fought wouldn't be able to damage us as much as it did if we were wearing high rank, we now need to see about acquiring high rank set of something. I think maybe go for the Barroth stuff again, as one of the quests given out has 2 of them running about. There's also missions with 2 Great Jaggi's and another with 2 Great Wroggi's. Being able to hunt them twice in the same venture should mean we gear up quickly.

Bit of a heads up for those that have not got the update for their Wii U's. It takes about 20 minutes, so if you're wanting to get into the game it might be worth banging the Wii U on while you have something to eat or get showered of whatever you do before Monster Hunter 3 sessions.