passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Sly Reflex

I don't know about the light bowgun, but the heavy Quropeco bowgun has deviation on it, something which you might not like. It does sound like Pingu every time you fire it. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

Ha! A Pingu found effect! This game gets more and more awesome.

It's the armour set I'm working on. It has really high fire resistance. In my Jaggi set, one fireball from a Rathian and I'm charcoal! He's one shotted me a couple of times!

The light gun I'm using at the moment is made from Rathian parts, and is awesome. The Normal S fires off four shots for each pellet. You need to be careful of timings, but it's wiping out everything in its path! Soloing a Barroth has always been a prob for me in previous renditions of this game, but with this gun he's a breeze!

I managed to solo capture a legiacrus at lunchtime felt pretty awesome. My barroth armour is fully upgraded with armour+ spheres so im not taking much damage at all but eventually im going to switch to another set and I think it's going to be a bit of a hit.

Played a session tonight with Troma and Scowling. I really missed having Sambob and his great sword there. The cutting damage is something I think every party needs. Breaking bits and all was fine with the impact damage of the hammer and the horn, but lopping off those parts that need sharps was obviously impossible.

I'm going to grab a set of Dual Swords for when Sambob isn't there in parties, otherwise were cutting ourselves off from carves we really should be picking up.

I managed to cut a legiacris tail with my thunderclap long sword. I find myself still using that rather than my upgraded great sword. Im trying to make the armour set which increases sharpness so I can get into those blues.

So, the dual swords are a bit ridiculous.

Rubbed Great Jaggi while he was doing his first few attacks.

Murdered Quropeco and Azuros within two areas.

Barroth was a dick, kept running between areas, but I did manage him in the end, even got his tail.

Rathian went down like a sack of shit. She died on the clifftop.

The Royal Ludroth was really hard though, probably because I was using the Ludroth pair to beat him up with.

The only downside of them is how many whetstones I'm using. I've hundreds saved up but I can't see them lasting long if I spend lots of time using the blades.

I had a cool night mopping up the 3 star stuff in Moga Village.

I'm not sure which armour I should be looking at progressing into. The Rathian stuff looks great, but then again so does the Lagiacrus stuff. One is better than the other, but fighting the Lagiacrus is much harder than the Rathian. Looking at Miiverse there's some horror stories about the stuff you need for the Rathian set though. I don't really know what to do.

I tried to take out a ratholos earlier, its do-able but perhaps not a one man job, he has huge fire attacks and many of his areas have rinoplos in them so you get interrupted a lot of the time. I had him dribbling a lot and cut off his tail, but he was just too tough and kept flying away. Need him for the red wing sword, although not desperately. Sly you should keep on powering through those moga quests it really opens up past 4 star.

Tomorrow at 8pm. I will be there. We're gonna have to take on Lagiacrus again as it didn't open up the HR2 mission because we didn't kill the Royal Ludroth. It's a bit silly we missed that out so we could do the urgent mission. I guess it means we just get more carves.

Ah yeah thats a bugger, yup no problems with that dude, I managed to solo one so as long as we are prepared then we can do it. Im desperate for us to start on those HR2 missions because some of the monsters in there are tough motherfuckers and im looking forward to the challenge and the carves.

I specifically need the tail of the Lagiacrus. Adding electric damage to my selection of horns will be beneficial. That horn also has negate stamina use, which will be really helpful. It'll mean we don't have to stop to eat as often and can roll around targets so we can't get hit as much.

Yeah - I broke the mud off him big time twice. Only got fertile mud once, unless I missed it coming off him another time.

Perversely, after the sixth attempt the game gave me 4 fertile mud in one go at the end in the quest reward box! Infuriating, but at least I have complete Barroth kit now.

We had a nightmare with Lagiacrus tonight. Killed him twice but he got the better of us once. I'm useless at fighting in water, I feel a bit like a spare part. I do what I can but I really do feel like I'm spectating most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get the legiacrus armour set, but getting the legiacrus horn is a pain in the ass, not only is it hard enough to kill/capture on solo anyway (well, easy for me) but its so frustrating to find that not only did you break the horns and do a shit in their place, but you didnt get them on the carve chart. I actually think my sword is too powerful if anything, because im doing too much damage to it before I can target any area. Its tough to target anything really when he is in the water but by the time he finally jumps out I only need a few more hits to have him limping away back to that little cave area.

The legiacrus armour is weaker than my current barroth armour all levelled up, but when I level up the Legiacrus armour it will be much better, and it has more slots I think, ive managed to get pretty much enough stuff for the whole set, just need possibly three more horns and then some legiacrus plate. Reckon im going to need a fair few kills to get that together.