passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Retro City Rampage

illdog

Any one else been playing this?

I know a lot of people know all about it here because I heard about it from them. It looks like a NES game, it sounds like a NES game (super turtles like theme tune) but it doesnt really play like any NES game i ever played.

Its like a spoof version of GTA in 8 bit. Its all about missions, going from A to B, then back to A. The humour is a million miles a minute, every time you do something its a piss take of something else and most of the time its pretty funny. You have your main story mission as well as lots of little side missions which are mostly about killing sprees.

I have two problems with it, put simply: its hard to see sometimes just what the fucks going on due to the graphical style and colour and it can get a little samey. BUT, its only 800 points and its well worth the money for the amount of game on offer.

Worth a purchase, then? I'm thinking of getting it for my Vita, but I've heard it gets really tough later on, and that it is a bit repetitive.

EDIT: There was a trial on Vita. I gave it a try, and liked what I played. So I bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed about an hour on this last night, the fun ended on the Spolsion Man parody. I was never going to enjoy a parody of a game I didn't like in the first place and i was fucking glad when it was over. But the following boss fight was quite funny so hurrah for that. Got the last of Doc Choc's time machine parts, now I appear to be doing something for Ice T.

44 out 62 missions complete, big old game this.

This gets rather frustrating towards the end. Proper old school. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Edit: And done. Great game on the whole, the end bits went on a bit too long though and were pretty hard. Now it's done there's still plenty to mess around with, and stuff unlocks at the end too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Retro City Rampage DX arrives on the 3DS this month.

The Nintendo 3DS version of Retro City Rampage has a few additional platform-specific features that have been revealed thus far. An updated map of the city is displayed on the 3DS’ bottom screen, and you can touch the screen to select different weapons. Additionally, while important displays such as health and objectives are displayed on the top screen of the 3DS, other elements of the HUD have been moved to the bottom screen as well. Adjustments have also been made to the game’s camera.

VBlank also say that Retro City Rampage: DX (which we assume stands for “deluxe”) will include other new features that will be exclusive to the 3DS version, and that there are no plans to port them to other platforms at the moment. Note, however, that the 3DS version of the game will not support stereoscopic 3D visuals