passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post When You Complete A Game '13

DANGERMAN

Tiny Bang Story (iOS)

A World of Keflings (XBLA)

The Room (iOS)

Much shorter than I was expecting. It's a really polished puzzle game where you have to find a hidden key to open a lock and that will lead to more puzzles.

Loved it.

DmC - I don't really understand or care what certain "hardcore" circles are moaning about, this game is amazing. As far as I'm concerned it's brilliant, especially with what Ninja Theory have done with the environments and feel of the game in general. It's such a shame that an exception was taken by the players so early on in it's development as it now means that the sales are dwindling and a sequel is less and less likely :( :(

The Cave - Interesting concept, disappointing execution. Needed more puzzles, both individual character based and larger group based ones. An overall puzzle based on piecing together info from cleared areas would've been cool as well. I'd like to go back through with the other characters at some point, but there's no incentive to do so.

Bayonetta

Dead Space - Hard - One Gun

Kentucky Route Zero Act 1

Rage: The Schorchers - PC

Contre Jour - Android

Spec Ops The Line - PC

Anomaly Korea - Android

Metal Slug - Android

Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt - PC

999 (Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors) - DS

Little Things Forever - Android

Gunman Clive - 3DS

Ni No Kuni - PS3

Antichamber - Great game, probably most similar to Portal but with less handholding. Almost none in fact, bar a few cryptic clues dotted around. Feels good when you work out and add to the games rules.

DmC

The Cave

Bayonetta

Contre Jour - Android

Spec Ops The Line - PC

Anomaly Korea - Android

Metal Slug - Android

Gunman Clive - 3DS

Ni No Kuni - PS3

Hotline Miami - PC

Deadlight (XBLA)

Bully (360)

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (360)

Ratchet and Clank (PS3)

Borderlands 2 - Co-Op (360)

Resistance 3 - Co-Op (PS3)

Lollipop Chainsaw (360)

I really liked this, very short, took about 5 hours I think but I didn't feel it could have went much longer without repeating itself over and over again. The humour is incredibly silly and immature but it has a charm to it. The missus did this arty thing of Juliet after I finished it because she thought she was pretty. julietlollipopchainsaw.jpg

Naruto: The Broken Bond (360)

This was an odd one. At first the improvements over the first game are obvious. The combat flows better, you are able to switch between characters at the end of a combo and the Jutsu system was mixed up so that you have to build momentum before you can use them. They also actually worked this time as well, giving you a decent window to execute the Jutsu QTE. The random difficulty of the battles has been done away with as well and it generally felt a lot fairer. There was also a difficulty setting.

On the downside to that. The limited ideas they had for the first game really show this time with nothing of any worth being added. The side missions are repetitive, long winded and full of backtracking again, they also feel completely pointless. So after doing a couple of each I didn't go back to them again, meaning in total I reckon I did about 60% of everything the game had to offer when I saw the credits.

The story was handled better, the anime cutscenes were replaced with in game graphics and there is Japanese and English voice options on the disc. However nothing really happens and there is so much filler. There are three or four missions where the plot is significantly moved forward, the rest are just nonsense. Like when I had to go and see why Choji couldn't find and BBQ crisps around town....

19/01/13 - Binary Domain (PS3)

27/01/13 - Anarchy Reigns (PS3)

05/02/13 - Doom 3 (PS3)

21/02/13 - Batman: Arkham City (PS3)

That's it done on New Game+ now. Some of the new enemy arrangements were really tricky later on, I'm surprised I saw it through.

While I still maintain the structure of Arkham Asylum is better I think now that Arkham City is probably as good as an open-world Batman game was ever going to be and they got so much right that could have gone totally wrong. While too numerous and overwhelming the Riddler trophies and riddles really bring a great challenge to every nook and getting around is just quick and fun; no mulling around, just slick navigation. I'm glad I went back to it as it's just leaped up in my estimation. You can rest easy now, Rocksteady, I really like your games.

19/01/13 - Binary Domain (PS3)

27/01/13 - Anarchy Reigns (PS3)

05/02/13 - Doom 3 (PS3)

21/02/13 - Batman: Arkham City (PS3)

22/02/13 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)

Great game. I'm still not sure if it's as good as Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden 2 but it's a damn fine action game never the less. In fact, I think I'm going to play it again.

DmC : Devil May Cry (PC)

Awesome game. I never really bothered with the older DmC games, partly because they were PS2 games when I was playing mostly on PC, and partly because I didn't like how they looked. This is fantastic, so imaginative and inventive.

Maybe I'll go back and try one of the older ones some day. (Yeah, right).

2013:

Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa (PC)

Sleeping Dogs (PC)

Sleeping Dogs : Nightmare in North Point (DLC)(PC)

Tiny Bang Story (iOS)

A World of Keflings (XBLA)

The Room (iOS)

The Cave (XBLA)

Zeno Clash : Ultimate Edition (XBLA)

Well, that was odd.

I'm amazed you stuck with it. I played Zeno Clash for an hour a few weeks ago and I thought it was a load of shit.

Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood - XBox360

XCOM : Enemy Unknown - XBox360

A really really good game. I can see myself playing this on and off for years like the original. Hoping that there might be a Terror Of The Deep offshoot in the future.

Walking Dead Episode 1 - XBox360

Walking Dead Epsiode 2 - XBox360

You all know about these, so I'll just say thanks to you all for posting pictures of your Secret Santa's as this is what I spent the points on

Hitman Absolution - XBox360 - Professional Hard

Loved it. A really good update of the game,some great dialogue and some fun kills, The game engine is very good and look forward to it being used in the future.

Contre Jour - Android

Spec Ops The Line - PC

Anomaly Korea - Android

Metal Slug - Android

Gunman Clive - 3DS

Ni No Kuni - PS3

Hotline Miami - PC

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - PS3

Dead Space 3 - Good game overall, not sure the changes and additions made the game any better in the end though. Was planning on going through on some of the NG+ modes but don't think I can stomach it right now. The end sections left a rather sour taste in my mouth.

Antichamber

DmC

The Cave

Bayonetta