passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Home

radiofloyd

Ok now playing Home for real, i'm about half an hour in. Just encountered what i would consider to be the games' first "scare". Sent a shiver through me it did.... All very interesting so far.

Second scare...this game fucks with your head. :D Really well paced.

Edit: Finished Home. If you like games like Fez and To The Moon then it's worth a playthrough.

It seems to be the kind of game where...depending on how you respond to a series of choices in the game...the game uses those responses to give you your ending. I've noticed on playthroughs on youtube they've all gotten the ending where the wife wa a figment of his imagination, but i didn't get that. Mine was a bit less conclusive.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure what I think about this, and that is largely because of the way it plays. Home is kind of like an old text adventure, except you walk around on a 2d plane examining objects and going through doors. Every now and then you'll select something that will give you an option ("I fount a hammer, did I take it?"), and depending on what you select you may or may not affect the story.

and this is where I'm a bit unsure about things. There's no sort of guidance at the start, which is good for making you feel as lost as the character, but equally I wasn't as thorough as I could be in the first area because I didn't know that I had to be, nor that at some point I wouldn't be able to go back

It also made the end a bit weird, you're posed questions as to how you think it ends, and you can pretty much go against all the evidence if you want. So on one hand if you do that and feel unfulfilled with the ending then it's your fault, but I know of a couple of rooms I couldn't get in, one of them might have been a whole new area (the train yard). I think I know how to get in there, and I suspect I missed things like the explanation for my limp, and that may well have been in one of the rooms I missed.

I'd like to know what actually happened, but I suspect I'd have to play it for a 2nd time, find out how to take the tools, find out what was in the first boarded up door, take the gun for the padlock, and hopefully find out if I was the killer, the ending certainly seemed to suggest it

It's worth the price that it's been in the steam sale, purely because while you don't know what's going on it's really tense. I jumped a bit at one point and was ready to scarper backwards if I needed to. The sound is really well done, it recommends headphones but surround sound seems to work really well

• 1 month later...