passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

New Super Mario Bros U

spatular

Yeah thats the one, read my spoiler if you want successful.

The door that works is directly underneath the door next to the P, jump on the P, wait for the hovering platform to line up with the right hand wall then run to the right and you will go through the wall and to the door.

EDIT: it might be that it only works on the second time you go to the room.

• 4 months later...

Right! I bought this the other day and I've finished it already, because I'm the shit.

Looking at my hours it took me half the time to finish than the Donkey Kong game, though to be fair I didn't get all the star coins where as I got the equivalent in DK.

But I'm not complaining. Playing this off the back of DK made me worry it was going to be too easy but in all fairness old Mario got me a few times... he's still got it; there were certainly times I had to sit up and bring my A Game.

But of course I'm not done, I just don't really know what to do next: go for all the star coins or get stuck into the Luigi DLC. I have done the first two levels in the LDLC, and it's certainly a few gears up from the vanilla so I foresee it having consistent DK levels of cuntery.

Our mensies must be in sync or summink, I planned to get back to this once I finished DKC. And I have. So I did.

Even though it can be tough in places this game makes me smile. If I were in a comic book i'd be sat up at a table with my chin perched in my crossed fingers saying "He's so dreamy" with a heart or two popping out of my head.

Its just a lovely little game.

I second that.

I was also a bit worried the magic would go away because the New series gets quite a bit of criticism from people for being generic... and I guess it is, but only in the literal sense in that it is the result of a lot of iteration over a long time; not really in the way people say when they mean boring.

I think all I'm saying is if you want 2D Mario this game will sort you out, but it won't make you want it.

And it's also much better looking than I expected. Beach, mountain and airship stages looked amazing.

• 1 year later...

Luigi DLC! Yea!

Its fucking hard in places but super fun. Played it with a mate, he was proper shit and 90% of our deaths were because of him and his shitness which is a little sad as he used to be awesome at games. BUT, it was a proper laugh. Just finished off Halo 3: ODST so I can concentrate on this untill Batman comes out.

Luigi DLC! Yea!

• 2 years later...

Fuck a horses cock in the face this Luigi game is tough. Yet done so well I want to go back for another horrendous spanking again and again. And just when I want to ram the Wii U pad up my arse I find a secret and fall in love again. But holy wank have I been swearing.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been playing the Deluxe version in fits and starts on the Switch. I had played it back on the Wii U but only got a few levels in before throwing in the towel with frustration - I think I didn't save for some reason then died somewhere and had to go back to the start which resulted in a 'fuck this' reaction ?.

Things have gone much better this time though, and it is bloody excellent. I've not exactly played many Mario Bros. games so I guess if you've played a lot of them this could be a case of 'more of the same' but as someone who's only played NSMB DS and a little bit of this on Wii U it has been a bit of a revelation. I just fucking love that it is nails right out the gate - they negate this somewhat by giving you Nabbit and Toadette to use who have numerous buffs, I think Nabbit can't even get hurt? - but I've been sticking with the best fucking bro (Luigi) so it is pretty fucking difficult at times.

The difficulty ramps up in the first world, which is kind of crazy and just seems to keep ramping up, I fucking love it. It is easily the hardest Mario Bros. game I've played and way harder than I remember NSMB DS being. But it's that level of challenge that keeps me coming back time and time again.

The controls are super tight, the levels themselves are exceptionally well designed with a ridiculous amount of hazards coming at you from all directions. I shit you not that I've felt like I'm in a Mega Man game at times the amount of projectiles and other stuff that has been thrown at or chased me through levels. Even though it's a somewhat basic looking 2D Mario game the art style really pops on the Switch screen and it looks rather lovely.

I thank the announcement of Mario Maker 2 for getting my arse into gear and making me try this, because before that I didn't fancy it for some reason and was going to flog it, boy am I glad I didn't!

Some pics:

Dz4YH__VsAACaw7.jpgDz4YH_rU0AAa9NF.jpgDzuFFBKUUAAn6Xc.jpg

Spoiler

DzuFFBuVYAAVTM0.jpg

@Blakey glad you're enjoying it. Are you playing as Luigi in the main game or have you gone for the Luigi DLC first (which is crazy hard)?

I think I'm about 4 world's in. It's good, but I can't play it for long before for some reason. The last world I did was fun, everything was huge and I was tiny. The ghost houses can fuck off though.

Playing as Luigi in the main game @Jimbo Xiii. Gonna go through that first then start the Luigi DLC.

I’ve only been through one Ghost House so far but it was bloody tough. I just finished the Water world, beat Bowser Jr. afterwards and am at a Poison Plant level but will probably go back and do the Ice World next.

Why are you playing as Luigi? Stop doing it wrong. Also when the game gives you the option make sure you go to Soda Pop jungle it is one of the few interesting worlds there has been in one of these games for a long time.