passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

retroed

Literally just finished installing the game now, downloaded the Nuketown 2025 map and the 26MB day one patch.

The first thing you hear when you boot up the game and watch the intro is Elbow's The Night Will Always Win. wub.gif

More impressions will follow when I've had some games. I'm looking forward to digging into the new perks system.

Started the campaign - really good. :)

You get a fucking wing suit. :o

it is rather good!! the wingsuit bit made me smile, do those things really turn you into a plane?? first impressions of the multiplayer are really good too.. the new 10 item slots system seems really cool, loads of scope for crazy builds. hmm i was planning to trade in either this or halo4 and stick with just one for the multiplayer but i dont know if i can choose.

I try this every time, but any chance we can get a four man team playing Zombies?

I had a bash on my own on Easy difficulty, looks just as fun as ever except there seems to be a new mode where you can play co-op or fuck up the other team.

Could have saved himself the trouble an bought the game digitally. Still funny epic fail on the manufactures part.

At first I was like "Is he a fatty cus he has a double gulp and he's up at 1am trying to play blops2?" Then he turned camera on himself and I was like "yep".

:lol:

Had some fun games then went back to campaign for a bit and then couldn't get back on to the servers, dunno if it was just me or everyone had problems.

In the campaign I got past the first RTS-style mission which I wasn't overly keen on but I had trouble understanding exactly what was going on. I tried the second one of them and failed so I might just ignore them for now as they seem to be optional.

Why did Lakitu get double negged for that? thats the most negative feedback he has received, and he has talked a lot of shit in the past that probably deserved it, but calling a fat guy fat bagged him a double. lawl

Id be much happier with this game being rubbish so i dont have to think about getting it.

Level 20 on the multiplayer now. Not touched the campaign yet, and I have no intention of going near the Zombies mode.

I'm really enjoying it. Treyarch have done an excellent job with this in both map design and loadout options. The Pick 10 system seems to work well, allowing you to fully customise your loadout. The first thing I did was remove my secondary and give myself an extra Perk 1. I've just unlocked surpressor for my MTAR assault rifle and have created a second full stealth class with no concussion or grenades but a total of five perks and two attachments to my primary. Although you are now able to pick and choose your classes completely, it's not overwhelming at all and in a way it somehow feels closer to Call of Duty 4 than the last few games in the series have. Everything seems balanced from what I've seen thus far. I've not had any problems with hit detection.

Even the Scorestreaks are well-implemented. UAV now gives assist points which is nice. I'm using a Hunter Killer as my second scorestreak, you throw it up into the air and it will try its best to go find something to destroy, be it an enemy or hostile UAV. Nice. Lightning strike is my third scorestreak. It's like a traditional airstrike exept you can select three locations on the map instead of just the one.

Map design is wonderful. After the very small maps of MW3, it's nice to go back to maps with a larger sense of scale.

I'll be shelling out for the Season Pass, no doubt. Hendo, your name isn't appearing in my barracks under player comparisons etc? Not sure why. sibernet, topgun etc are there.

Had some great games with Ant Libertine off GTM forum yesterday. I'm really getting back into the feel of this, it might well end up not being played the most out of all of them, but I think this is the best COD since 4, maybe actually overtakes it, just that has the nostalgia factor.

I certainly think that Infinity Ward now have a lot more to prove, however they're probably just up the Michael Bay factor once again.

It's definitely the best since CoD4.

I'm experimenting with different classes at the moment, more so than I have done in any of the previous games thanks to the Pick 10 system. Here's my current badboy loadout, which I seem to be doing quite well with.

IMG_7146.jpg

I'm going through the league system at the moment. I don't think you rank up with XP but it's a lot of fun, quite varied game modes and I'm on Gold league at the moment. I don't know how far up it goes but I'm guessing there's at least Platinum above me.