passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The State of Game Journalism

DANGERMAN

while it's always nice to see someone call someone else a moron with a post full of spelling errors, can we all calm down please. This, surprisingly, has stayed a well-mannered thread considering the topics it's covered, can we try to keep it that way please

I'm not going to lie, and pretend I know all the facts about the subject material over the last week or so. However, I think this is the first time I've seen anyone reined in on this forum. I've always thought we were all a nice friendly bunch. :(:unsure:

It's obviously Jim. Fucking Jim, that guy. Grrrr etc *shakes fist*

Anyway, judging by my twitter feed something has happened again. I don't know what exactly, as I really can't be bothered to check it out and I doubt we'll get any straightforward explanations from any of the big sites. If it's journalists being dicks I hope they get what's coming to them. If it's people being nasty on the internet then I hope they get what's coming to them. If it's indie folk doing wrong stuff then I hope they get what's coming to them. Whatever. I wish people would just stop being deceitful, being cunts or being corrupt.

I wonder if the other entertainment industries have to put up with this shit? It's got to happen there as well, right?

I barely understand half of that, I'm not even sure if I'm reading it the right way :lol:

I think, fortunately, I didn't read enough in to any of this to understand it. I do think it's a shame some valid concerns will likely be ignored (if they weren't already) because 'it was all a scheme'. Although to be fair to Zoe, one thing I did understand from that post was her saying it's a shame for the genuine people

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would love it if all review sites only commented on what they had experienced, rather than giving out scores.

It makes it so much more transparent that this is the opinion of the reviewer, rather than an absolute standard.

I have found myself muting and blocking an awful lot of people on twitter recently, who still are banging on about gamergate, regardless of what triggered it all, I find it hard to reason with anyone who thinks that it's acceptable to threaten people over their opinions. I also find a disturbing correlation between people who are behind the gamegate movement and the people who don't really seem to be able to rationally reason with their own point of view. We live in sad times.

I would love it if all review sites only commented on what they had experienced, rather than giving out scores.

It makes it so much more transparent that this is the opinion of the reviewer, rather than an absolute standard.

I have found myself muting and blocking an awful lot of people on twitter recently, who still are banging on about gamergate, regardless of what triggered it all, I find it hard to reason with anyone who thinks that it's acceptable to threaten people over their opinions. I also find a disturbing correlation between people who are behind the gamegate movement and the people who don't really seem to be able to rationally reason with their own point of view. We live in sad times.

I'm kind of the reverse. The only time it crops up for me are when Rob Florence and Steve Hogarthy (sp) tweet something derisive about it. Going out of their way to attack it just makes me roll my eyes at them rather than gamergate

I'm kind of the reverse. The only time it crops up for me are when Rob Florence and Steve Hogarthy (sp) tweet something derisive about it. Going out of their way to attack it just makes me roll my eyes at them rather than gamergate

This is true.

and I know I have been guilty of kicking up a fuss over the whole thing, when really I should just brush it off.