passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Apple store

Manicm

they're making an announcement tonight (at 6) regarding the ipad mini

It kind of makes sense that they try to tap in to a market that android is having free run of (7" tablets), but given that apple fans will buy the ipad I'm not sure who they're aiming it at. We'll see I guess, it could be cheap and amazing

I read a headline on a site that said an analyst claimed that it would fit in your pocket! Shocker!

A 7" device is neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned. The IPad and similar sized devices are the perfect middle ground between smartphones and laptops, it's completely unnecessary to break it down any further.

Unless the price comes in under £150, which let's face it, would be fucking lunacy in Apple's world, it's going to fall flat on it's face. There, I could be an analyst, no sweat :D

Ipad mini it is then £269 seems a bit steep, bit reckon i could squeeze one into my christmas present list!! will hold fire to see if it runs the xbox glass software and then we could be in business!! although i will conceed if i didn't have an iphone i would probably get a kindle fire hd, the app store is still the big selling point for me, as i have a massive backlog on the iphone now.

they're making an announcement tonight (at 6) regarding the ipad mini

It kind of makes sense that they try to tap in to a market that android is having free run of (7" tablets), but given that apple fans will buy the ipad I'm not sure who they're aiming it at. We'll see I guess, it could be cheap and amazing

I find it odd that apple are worrying about trying to chase the android market.

Apple seem to make the product, set the bar, and fix the price. Even buying previous generation tech from Apple is expensive. I thought they'd identified themselves as an elusive and expensive brand, which is why I think it's strange they're slowly starting to sell more and more products.

Ah well, I expect it will be well put together and will 'just work' in the same way other Apple products do. I'm also pretty sure there will be a ton of people who want to buy one. I just think it's a strange business choice from apple. I've been sizing up an android 7" tablet for a while now, mostly for the fact that there are a few hovering around the £70 price bracket that will do the job for what I need. If I had the money, I'd go for a full size iPad, I think they're an amazing piece of kit, but too expensive for me.

Bit of a kick in the teeth with the new full size iPad.

The main problem with the iPad for me is the battery just dive bombs but I won't be looking at upgrading for a while yet. I could see me getting a small Android one for the missus if her laptop goes tits up.

I get the impression the full ipad will get new versions every autumn thats why they have 2 this year so they can spec it with the same processor as the latest iphone, just a thought i could be wrong in march!! but at least then we would get iphone/ipad/ipod all at the same time.

Got my mitts on a kindle fire hd today, we got a demo version in work, impressions its a little slow and heavy!! played some angry bird and its not as quick as my iphone 4s which surprised me. For the money its nice, just not as nice as an ipad.