passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dishonored

DANGERMAN

finished this yesterday, great game, really enjoyed it. took just under 20 hours i think. there's a real choice about how you play the game and navigate the levels, and if you get lucky you can occasionally find ways to finish levels really quickly/easily - and when i'd done this i still went off to explore other parts of the level just to have a nosey. you can play stealthy - which is tricky in regard the baddies vision is quite good compared to other stealth games, they sometimes do random stuff, but you have powers such as blink to help with this, and they pretty much never look up unless you make some noise. there are often many routes through the levels, go via the roof tops or take a swim and stuff. as I said before i tried to play stealthy as the less you kill the better (or nicer or something) ending you get i believe, but yeah i'd keep messing stuff up and killing loads of them. now realising i could probably have blinked away instead of killing. and unlike something like deus ex where especially early on you're sort of forced into stealth because you're not strong enough (still much prefer deus ex mind), but here, on normal anyway, you can sword fight/crossbow/shoot your way through reasonably easily if you want. and the sword fighting and stuff is fun too, as are things like reprogramming their lightning weapons to kill them and doing takedowns from above.

the ending:

yeah i got a bad ending, really bad at first as i crossbow sniped the bad guy from an odd angle and she fell off as i missed the (fairly obvious) door to get up there to save her. reloaded and saved her. the end is pretty abrupt, there is slightly more hope in it when you save her though. also talking to DANGERMAN about this and the paintings she draws of you are quite dark/disturbing if you kill lots like me and if you kill less they're nicer or something.

i've started playing again straight away which is odd for me, trying to go for no kills, well not many anyway.

ahh, you got a really different ending to me

In mine the 3 perps were dotted around a table, 2 of them had killed themselves and the admiral was muttering away. The girl (already forgot her name) was safely locked away in a room, never in any danger.

When I talked to Spatular the other night I said to him that the level continued a bit beyond that 'final' room, and I couldn't see why. I guess that's where she was dropped off?

ahh, you got a really different ending to me

In mine the 3 perps were dotted around a table, 2 of them had killed themselves and the admiral was muttering away. The girl (already forgot her name) was safely locked away in a room, never in any danger.

When I talked to Spatular the other night I said to him that the level continued a bit beyond that 'final' room, and I couldn't see why. I guess that's where she was dropped off?

Yeah, she was up there struggling with the admiral guy I think. The other guys were spread about the level with optional goals to take revenge on them. One of which I did with my first grenade use in the game.

Finished this over the weekend and really enjoyed it, one of the top games I've played this year without a doubt.

Got the good ending and watched the other on YouTube, but I'll probably want to go back through again at some point anyway. Both of them gave decent resolutions depending on how you played throughout the game. Very satisfying story, and I found myself more invested than I thought as it was too difficult to let mateybollocks live at the end after what he'd done.

I wish they'd have gone into more detail about The Outsider and the heart, although I'm pretty sure I know where it came from after the Dunwall Tower mission. There's one specific thing it whispers to you which all but informs you directly of it's origin. They may have left a little too much to the imagination in this respect.

A small part of me is hoping they decide to leave it as a standalone game even though I'd like to see more from this world they've created.

I have a weekend coming up where i shall be all alone, i was going to crack open Assassins Creed: Revelations but i kind of want to play this now, it looks fantastic.

Hmmm. Hmmm i tell you.

EDIT: Bought, had a tenner off at Shopto so i used it wisely like when Luke escaped from Mos Eisley.

were shopto selling cheap storm trooper disguises or something back then?

There's one specific thing it whispers to you which all but informs you directly of it's origin.

what was your theory about this? the heart was cool but i didn't equip it much so didn't hear much of what it had to say.

finished this for a second time just now, still enjoyed it, played stealthy/non-lethal to get the good ending - killed 2 people and was spotted once, i know who i killed

the guy who you swap the poison drinks around on (edit - oh is the non-lethal thing for him something to do with the branding thing?). and granny rag.

wasn't sure how to avoid thoes. not a clue when i was spotted. lot quicker this time at around 10 hours - found some different ways to do things but also used some quick ways i found in the first run through - one of which went differently in the party level

- first time round i somehow convinced her to go to the cellar - this time she went up stairs - pretty difficult getting her past all the people in the kitchen - pretty sure i got lucky carrying people around in the kitchen too.

There's one specific thing it whispers to you which all but informs you directly of it's origin.

what was your theory about this? the heart was cool but i didn't equip it much so didn't hear much of what it had to say.

When you're inside Dunwall Tower, one of the ambient comments it makes is "We have both been here before." and I immediately thought of the Empress.

I was going to type before that I wondered if that might be something they come back to in the dlc. It still might I guess, but here's details of the first 2 pieces

Bethesda has announced Dishonored DLC.

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials releases in December for £3.99 / €4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

It includes 10 challenge maps each with 10 distinct trials designed to test your combat, stealth and mobility skills. These trials include an arena battle against waves of enemy AI, drop assassinations and a race against the clock. There are new achievements and trophies and a global online leaderboard.

That's the first DLC. The second and third add-ons will launch in 2013 simultaneously on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, and each features a story-driven campaign.

Daud, the leader of a group of supernatural assassins known as 'The Whalers', is at the centre of the second DLC, due early spring 2013. Expect new Dunwall locales and Daud's own set of weapons, powers and gadgets. Bethesda described it as a "story-driven" campaign. How you play and the choices you make impact the final outcome, it said.

The third DLC remains under wraps. An image of the Dunwall City Trials, called Bend Time Massacre, is below.

Looking forward to reading all those spoilers once ive finished the game.

Ive been paying Bioshock 3 all weekend. I decided to get used to the game by going through the whole thing on a murderous rampage, i shall play through again as a sneaky pete but i can already tell its going to be bloody hard.

A particular highlight so far has been mission 4 when you sneak in to Sokolov's house and have to abduct him then take hime back to your boat. Getting along the bridge was tricky but once in the house the level was a lot easier. I found a super handy lift that made getting him out a piece of piss, rewired the Wall of Light by the exit that took out a load of guards. Actually, there was one guard that got wise to the trick and just stood there throwing bricks at me but his mate came from further away, hadnt seen that the wall of light had been reconfigured and just ran straight through to his death - brilliant. I took the Whale battery thing out and luzzed it at the remaining guard and then had a free path back to Samuels boat (but there was still time to rescue some trapped prisoners who gave me the combo to an outside wall safe before they buggered off as a thank you).

I'd like to go back and play it more like Bioshock, but it overwrites your progress for that mission. It might not matter I guess, depending on dlc, but if I went on a killing spree then my chaos would go from low to high, I'd have to play everything again to bring it back down

Im going for high chaos on this run, i'm a mur-diddly-urderer. I tend not to kill women though, im still a lover at heart.

The party mission (Mission 5) was another highlight. I managed to kill Lady Boyle on the down low without disrupting the party. Did anyone else do the side quest for Lord Pendleton?

Where you have to pistol duel the gentleman with the wolf mask on? Superb stuff

Im more than half way through the final level.

Those assassins are a proper fucking pain in the ass. Stealing Daud's pouch without him noticing was pretty awesome. I'm guessing there was only one real way to do it, as in possess a rat and and run and hide under his desk? I use bend II and blink II to get the fuck out of there

This game is a treat and a half. Hendo, i'm playing this and thinking that you'd love it.

I fucking killed EVERYONE.

Because i'd been an utter murderous bastard from start to finish, Samuel, after dropping me off at the island, rang of a shot from his pistol to warn my enemies of my approach. He then told me three times to get off his boat in a tone i did not like, so as he rowed away i shot him. Once inside the tower i killed Martin and Pendleton and then went on an utter rampage. I lured almost every one into a small network of rooms and using a combination of time stop and those bombs that can stick to skin I killed everyone i could find.

Quite awesomely snuck underneath Havelock at the end when he's fighting with Emily and stabbed him twice, unfortunately in front of the girl but hey, she has to learn sometime. She asked me if everyone as dead and when I confirmed this she said "Good, i was going to have them killed anyway". Thats my girl. Bad ending ensued.

the bit with sambob sounds fucking awesome, so much different from my ending

Ideally my appearance in the game would have been kept a secret, as Id asked that I only appear in illdog's game, but what the hey, get off my fucking boat.

Ive been ignoring this thread because theres so much to play at the moment, but it looks like something that should be picked up in the future sometime soon.

Well looks like I'm going lethal. Having a bit of difficulty being completely stealthy so I'm trying to sneak and take guys out but am getting found and ending up in fights.

It very much feels like Bioshock and the way the speeches come over the speakers make it feel like Half-Life 2, no bad thing at all.

I'm sure it looks much better on PC but it looks pretty good to me on the 360.

Have got to Samuel, out of the sewers.

Out of the pub, the game has opened up a little more.

Is there a NewGame+ on this where you keep your powers? It seems like a stealthy play through might be more do-able then, at the moment I feel a bit naked to be proper skulking round the shadows.