passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dishonored

DANGERMAN

I’ve just started the remaster of this on PS4. I’m very pleasantly surprised, didn’t think I’d like it as a FPS stealth game doesn’t really appeal on the face of it. I’ve just done the twins mission, and so far I’m really really enjoying it. 

The blink mechanic is fantastic! It really brings a verticality to the levels usually missing. I like how it’s so far been set in a relatively small area which can be easily learned and figured out. Having fun exploring it, the size isn’t intimidating at all for a change. 

Really impressed with the world building too, there’s a shitload to read but the majority of it is actually interesting and worth actually paying attention to. The graphical style holds up surprisingly wel too. 

• 9 months later...

Hot on the heals of a recent playthru of the sequel I've pulled this down from gamepass, and I have to say it's just fantastic. Some reviews of 2 point out that the second game 'fixed' what was wrong with the original, but I can't see it. It's one of the most complete first entries I can think of. From the graphics to the gameplay, to the overall world concept. It's a bit like Arkham asylum in that way. Were the later games (though still great) better or just bigger?

Done! What a superb game. I can't fault it really. Amazing world and gameplay. A simple story, but that's the thing with games, you don't need a big confusing narrative when it's (virtually) yourself doing all the heroics.

I've played this and the sequel in quick succession and I'm amazed at how fully formed the first one was. Hope there's another in the pipeline.

5db1c16b-4383-4516-84b0-af7c2f55d2f0.png