passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 2

DANGERMAN

yeah I think I read about that. It's something like if you spoke to her before doing that quest it wont let you complete, and as far as I'm aware there's no fix.

If you care enough (I've no idea if it hinders progress in other missions) you're still very near the start in the great scheme of things so it might be worth restarting (as annoying as that is). Have a read around and see if there is a solution now, or at least if it's just that quest it fucks up all all Zed and Tannis'

I didn't mean it as 'you've barely done anything you lazy shit', more that there's a lot of game left, and if it's fucked everything up, on balance, it might be better to write that play through off (at least you'd get your badass points from it)

It's not a story quest, and I think I have done another quest off Tannis so I don't think it's blocking much, if anything.

This might seem like an obvious one DC, but have you reloaded and tried again? I had a quest that got stuck for a while but when I reloaded my game it was all ready to go.

Also, FINISHED! Well, I saw the credits once. Obviously I have mixed feelings about it but by the time I had finished I was mostly thinking, "this is boss". From about level 25 onwards the game really picked up, giving me new loot on a regular basis and keeping things varied, challenging and most importantly, fair!

The biggest surprise for me was the story. It really began to shine after a while, some really dark moments mixed in with all the comedy and silliness. There was a lot to dislike in the story this time round, some of it was fairly embarrassing to listen to and it went from laughing at political correctness to slamming its fist inside it fairly regularly. But on the whole I would say the writing and story was a success. Some spoilers now from the end of 'Where Angels Fear to Tread'. Should probably avoid them unless you have completed that mission.

I was kind of bummed out to see Roland get a hole through his chest, that was me you swine! Although it wasn't a surprise, that whole cutscene was screaming for a shock, 'BOOM! Shot when everything was starting to work out' moment. Still bad gravy though man. Handsome Jack kind of became less charming after that. Also, I disliked the real life Lilith they got, she looked very much like cheap cosplay to me.

And some spoilers from right at the end.

I really hope they aren't going to announce an MMO called Borderworlds. That would suck dick. Although the idea of trekking round the galaxy to different planets is very cool, I don't really feel like doing it with 20 people in tow. The finale was nice though, thankfully I had a cool rocket launcher so that sorted it out pretty quickly. However I got one piece of decent loot and no benefit from all the shit that was dropped since as I was leaving I fell int the lava and lost 25k. About the amount that I sold all the loot for <_<

Still have a couple of quests to do in the arena and then I guess it is on to the second playthrough for loads of overpowered loots.

Highlight for me would be the awesome Tediore SMG and Handsome Jack being an arsehole throughout the entire experience.

I think I'm coming up to the end now, it's picking way up, both story and loot drop wise.

You've got to hand it to Handsome Jack, he's the best villain we've had in games for quite some time. He's a full on mental case. I liked General Knoxxx too. Before that I think we'd have to all the way back to Resi's "I'm going to talk to myself about all my great plans" Wesker.

Have you by any chance met "Saturn" yet? I was just minding my own business, collecting ECHO's to get some story on how things came to be and had a whoa what the fuck moment.

You should try slagging the thing you are having trouble with. Any weapon that has a high chance of slagging will do, I have a shotty that has 40 something percent chance of slagging them, so they get that until they are covered and then I switch to whatever weapon is best for dealing with the swines.

These final areas of the game have been brilliant. No spoilers or anything, but when you get to the part I'm on you wont fail to be in awe.

I really need to persevere and make some headway with the story stuff, Im still at the firehawk levels and some of that was only because I joined another game and got dragged into them probably earlier than was advisable for my level.

Im glad to hear this picks up because at times when you get to a particularly hard level it can be a bit sucky, having to run past baddies to get to the next stage always feels like fail.

I thought I was near the end of this but it just seems to keep going on. Looking at the achievement list I'm still 3 secret achievements light. I'm guessing all those are story related.

Massive spoiler, don't click unless you have finished.

I've just entered the lava area and I can see Lilith in the distance. I got down to the fast travel and had to turn off. Hopefully this boss battle won't be too hard, I got overwhelmed numerous times on the way into this part and managed to 2nd wind myself through it. I might run the previous part a few times and grind up some levels because stuff I'm coming up against is weighing in a few levels higher than what I am.

Although I'm enjoying it I'm wanting it to end now. There's only so much smack talk someone can talk before you want to shoot his head off.

According to steam I've played 60 hours of this, and shockingly I'm starting to get a bit tired of it. There was a brief spell when I hit level 28 where it started throwing high level guns at me, but as it turned out, bar one sniper rifle they were all shit

That being said I don't want to play anything else, and the thought of bouncing from this to Torchlight 2 is :blink: At the very least I think I'm going to finish the treasure map quest tonight, then probably take all tomorrow (or at least once the footy starts) off from it.

It's a great game, twats jumping out of loot boxes when you're desperate for ammo aside, but if you get caught on doing the side quests it is long

yeah, in the Wildlife Preserve there was a tiny room where 4 of the boxes I opened contained some sort of loot goblin <_<

I did the treasure map quest, took me ages but I managed to gain a couple of levels, I've just hit 31 so am fairly strong. I am missing a decent shotgun though, and it won't be until level 36 (I think) before I can get the 2nd turret, which may well be on my 2nd play through or on the dlc, when I'm less sure I'll need it.

I have got a couple of decent guns though, I tipped Moxxi enough to get a 2nd version of the good touch. Unfortunately there's some bug that's stopping me from getting the bad touch again, she says her piece but then doesn't hand me anything and I can't tip any more. I've just picked up a rapid fire explosive combat rifle that does a decent amount of damage, and I've now got a choice of pistols that do corrosive. I've also got one that has no special writing but has loads of peculiar abilities. It fires straight away, but then nothing happens, then random stuff happens, usually slag damage, but always fairly high damage. It's a fun gun, but I can do more damage with the corrosive one I've just picked up that causes internal acid explosions.

as you can probably tell I'm enjoying the game again, but I think I might still spend tomorrow doing something else

All done. That was pretty good. Managed to do it without dying as well, which was a bit unexpected. The calamari from Borderlands screwed me over a few times, unlike what happens here.

I managed the last area without running out of ammo for my main, I didn't even need to switch weapons once. I had the turret to help but it didn't really help as much as I was expecting it to. I think it's more down to being accurate and fast than anything.

Now I've opened up something called True Vault Hunter mode. They basically renamed playthrough 2. From what it tells me everything is harder and there are new mobs to bum in the gob. Sounds fun.