MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trainwreck - Woodstock 99 (Netflix)

Documentary about the Woodstock festival revival held in 1999, and it's ultimate decent into chaos. 3x45 min episodes, broadly coving Fri, Sat and Sun, with background events woven in.

The biggest 'reveal' is probably:

Spoiler

Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers dancing and playing on stage totally naked !

It was all reasonably interesting, but didn't really go particularly deep into the finance aspects, or any subsequent investigations into sexual assaults and site damage/clean-up necessary. 

With some crossover to the Britpop thread, it still sort of surprises me how some artists on the bill are huge in the US and relatively minor over here (Kid Rock, Bush, Jewel and Limp Bizkit) - albeit Norman Cook (aka Fatboy Slim) appears in an interesting segment.

1)Wednesday Addams (the above trailer) is a series.

2)Netflix, Prime or Shudder exclusive films are just as much for this thread as any other content released on Streaming services.

1) Oh it’s a bad looking series that should go in tv shows then.

2) That’s rubbish. They’re films and go in films thread. Not only that but this is recommendations. You can’t recommend anything you’ve posted because they’re either not out or you haven’t seen them. 

This thread (from the pages I've read) is for things both ongoing and coming soon to streaming services. The latter would fall under "recommendations". No one else seems to have a problem with that. So it's a non-issue.

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

I thought Gomez was supposed to be dashing 

People online have been defending it, stating Gomez is now "comic accurate" (honestly never knew that is how Addams Family started?) 

the-on-screen-history-of-the-addams-fami

But yeah...

gomez-is-very-sexy.jpg?quality=75&strip=

Personally, with both [major] onscreen adaptations. Dashing is how I think Gomez should look too.

• 5 months later...

The People We Hate at the Wedding (Amazon Prime)

Enjoyable comedy about a disfuctional family who reunite for their daughter's wedding, starring Allison Janney and Kristen Bell.

It's a good swerve away from romcom land, and puts them into some bizarre situations, and a number of laugh out loud moments, as they question their personal and family relationships. Decent soundtrack too.

I liked this - clearly not one to trouble the award shows, and it got pretty mixed reviews, but well worth a watch.