Hendo

Netflix recommendations

Just watched the first few episodes of a show called It's Bruno which is about a very intense young man called Malcolm and his cute as fuck dog Bruno. I'm a dog kinda guy and their bestfriendmenship really shines through. Weird show. 10 out of 10 good boys. 

Neon Genesis Evangelion is coming to US Netflix on June 21. I assume that means that UK/Ireland Netflix will get it around the same time. Apparently it has a new dub, for what that's worth.

The End of Evangelion is coming at the same time also (movie finale)

So DBZ plebs like Maf will not have any excuse now not to watch it.

I’ve been wanting to watch it for ages. They said it was coming to Netflix last year and zi’ve been waiting for ages

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

So DBZ plebs like Maf will not have any excuse now not to watch it.

Tenner bet he acts all "I'm not sure I like this". 

Then a year later "this is awesome".

Netflix is going up. I think that’s twice in a year? I cancelled mine when I needed every penny recently with the intention to renew later but I think I’ll wait until something on there grabs my attention as I’d just started repeating old shows. Probably will wait for Batter Call Saul or BoJack, whichever comes first. 

Another few £ for Netflix is fine, how little they charge for the service with the amount of content on there already is insane.

Don’t watch I Think You Should Leave, it’s fucking awful. 

Do watch Confession Tapes series 2. 

I really enjoyed it. I don't think it's hilarious but the whole show is just pure chaos and dissonance. Definitely two of my favourite things. 

I watched Velvet Buzzsaw and although I didn't live it, it's not a movie I could look at and say oh hey, this is how to make it better. It's a unique film for sure and does a great job of highlighting how pretentious everyone in the art world is without feeling nasty. My lady wife went to art school and some of the stories she has told me about it rung true here. There is a scene with this sphere that everyone is losing their shit over and when I was in Australia back in 2012 there was a very similar exhibit at the VCA end of year show. Except this was a giant metal block in a dark room. As in literally dark, not in a photography sense. Art is dumb. But awesome. The plot if you don't know is about silly art people and some evil paintings that kill people. 

It took me 18 minutes to realise I was watching Jessica Jones S1 and not S3 

EDIT: I’m remembering how much I dislike all the characters in Jessica Jones who aren’t named Jessica Jones. Particularly Trinity’s side story, oh my god just die already 

First look at some of the characters for The Witcher:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/1/20677111/the-witcher-images-netflix-henry-cavill-geralt-yennefer-ciri-actress

I hadn’t really thought about this but I hope it’s good...

First look at some of the characters for The Witcher:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/1/20677111/the-witcher-images-netflix-henry-cavill-geralt-yennefer-ciri-actress

I hadn’t really thought about this but I hope it’s good...

Anyone seen the new Shaft yet? The trailer looks good fun.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Anyone seen the new Shaft yet? The trailer looks good fun.

No but it’s reviewed really poorly. I think it was dumped on Netflix. I’ll give it a go one day. 

I watched all s2 of Instant Hotel. 

Jessica Jones season 3 has an incredibly low bar for what it considers super powers 

EDIT: Also a low bar for quality, too