Hendo

Netflix recommendations

Finished Losers. It's great. I'd wish the episodes was longer. I could of happily watched a movie about most of the stories. I'd some how never heard about that Torquay United game before too. 🤣

@wiivo 2.0 is it worth watching for someone (well, me) who hasn't bothered with F1 since the late nineties? I love a good doc and the behind the scenes stuff with F1 is generally more interesting than the races...

1 hour ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

@wiivo 2.0 is it worth watching for someone (well, me) who hasn't bothered with F1 since the late nineties? I love a good doc and the behind the scenes stuff with F1 is generally more interesting than the races...

I was thinking about that as I was watching. It’s hard to know because I have memories of the season it brings up and so it feeds a fan anticipation of what’s to come. But actually the more I’ve watched it doesn’t just diary one race after the next and instead chooses key stories from the whole season to focus on each episode. 

I’d say watch the first episode and if you don’t care for it then give it all a miss but it isn’t made in such a way that it’s for fans of motorsport or even if you’re up to date as to who is who. It’s well presented and explained without being dumbed down at all. 

Ferrari and Merc didn’t get involved so it benefits in not focusing too much on the front two teams. It has very candid interviews and behind the scenes insight. 

Edit: Forgot to add that it even made 2018 Monaco interesting which was one of the most boring races of my life. 

Going through Ricky Gervais’ new show, After Life. It’s a bit dark (man loses his wife to cancer,can’t see the point of living without her,constantly thinks about killing himself), but it’s enjoyable. If that’s the right word to use.

I heard him being interviewed today on 6 Music. It sounds good, I always enjoy his shows, as painful as they can be sometimes.

Just watched the first two episodes of After Life, and it's very good. Funny and sad. On to episode three...

And watched the whole lot in one sitting. Moving stuff.

It’s really good,on episode 4 so far. At times it’s funny,others it’s bleak. Yet it’s definitely brilliant.

Devilman Crybaby

Absolutely brilliant limited anime series. 10 episodes, 20 minutes each, full of blood, boobs, and brutal demon slaying. Story is dark and crazy deep in places. Just watch it, it’s gebuinely brilliant. 

On 10/03/2019 at 18:37, RikSP said:

Devilman Crybaby

I'm up to episode 5 and it really is a great show. Reminds me of a lot of Manga label stuff I watched growing up with all the boob jiggling and blood splatter. Going to be very disappointed if Ryo and Akira don't fuck. 

I'm watching Love, Death and Robots as well which is very similar in its uncompromising approach to sex and violence. Some really cool cyberpunk elements and generally a lot of fun. 

It's a remake of one of the boob jiggling blood splatter anime's I watched when I was a kid.

9 hours ago, RikSP said:

It's a remake of one of the boob jiggling blood splatter anime's I watched when I was a kid.

I never got to see it. There was a trailer for it at the start of literally every VHS we had but outside of hearing him shout Deeeeeviiiiiiiilmaaaaaaaan I didn't know much about it. 

3 hours ago, illdog said:

2014's greatest enigma is back, just like that. Sup @Bob

Coming back for the title of 2019's greatest enigma. 

Loads of stuff on my list at the moment. Nearly finished After Life. Got new episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on the go too.

Plus I started the Maddie doc.

And new Arrested Development series that I should be excited to watch, but am not.