Hendo

Netflix recommendations

Now finished Russian Doll. Absolute joy of a show. Smart as a whip, razor sharp and deeply cynical but uplifting comedy. New York attitude and some great fully fleshed characters. All wrapped up in 8 thirty minute episodes. Watch it.

Watched a documentary about flat Earth. I feel kind of bad for some of them, they've basically lost all their friends and family over believing in such a stupid thing.

The film shows them doing experiments to prove the Earth is flat only to, surprise surprise, get readings that say it's curved and then them trying to spin it to mean something else because they don't want to accept that they're wrong.

I love conspiracy theories, I even believe that some of them could be plausible, but these guys are pushing all their chips into the middle of the table despite overwhelming evidence that they're pissing in the wind.

I think the best thing really is they're not really hurting anyone, I don't think it's as fucked up as antivaxing. I guess a lot of them are climate change deniers as well though, so fuck knows. There's a whole lot of stupid in this world.

I’ve listened to a lot of flat earth debate podcasts. It’s funny to hear them poo poo away things. On the other end I’ve seen famous scientists and astrologists not understand their stance and counter argument in irrelevant ways. 

Currently watching You & it's much better than i was expecting, thought it was going to be a show just for the Mrs to watch.  It has a good way of making him not seem like a bad guy so you don't dislike him even though what he is doing is completely fucked up.  Just got to half way & intrigued about where it is going.

Next up is Russian Doll or The Umbrella Academy, also want to watch Abducted in Plain Sight as tend to enjoy a lot of the real life crime stuff on there.

Go for Russian Doll. Just 8 short brilliant episodes.

Also watched Velvet Chainsaw. Wow, despite some acting talent it was really poor. Tired, unimaginative and lacking any tension or scares despite trying to be a horror film. 

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

I watched that the other day, it just made me feel sad.

The bit where they spend 20 grand on a laser gyroscope because they think that will disprove they're not spinning 15° and then they say the sky must be fucking up the recording because that's whats's spinning so they encase the gyro and get the same answer. It's like, why would encasing the gyro even matter? A bismuth capsule is still going to return the same. They prove themselves time and time again that Earth is a globe but they just refuse to accept it.

On 20/02/2019 at 17:44, Sly Reflex said:

The bit where they spend 20 grand on a laser gyroscope because they think that will disprove they're not spinning 15° and then they say the sky must be fucking up the recording because that's whats's spinning so they encase the gyro and get the same answer. It's like, why would encasing the gyro even matter? A bismuth capsule is still going to return the same. They prove themselves time and time again that Earth is a globe but they just refuse to accept it.

I watched that the other day, I liked the bit where that one flat earther decided all the rest were working for the CIA. As for the main guy, he came across as harmless enough and quite nice really. Just completely insane when it comes to believing that the world is flat.

I'm watching Abducted In Plain Sight that I'm sure someone has already mentioned before, but holy shit. That family is just dumb as rocks.

51 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'm watching Abducted In Plain Sight that I'm sure someone has already mentioned before, but holy shit. That family is just dumb as rocks.

It was me and yes. 😅 Actually it’s relevant atm with the Michael Jackson doc as those parents also were brainwashed. But that was MJ with millions not a nerdy neighbour with a tape recorder. 

I haven’t finished it yet. I’m up to the point where the dad has “done something” that just makes you go “really?!”.

I was talking to Mark about it last night, I described them as though they were in that ricky gervais film The Invention of Lying

I ended up feeling a little sorry for them, as stupid as they are. They're mormons, preposterously niave, and pretty quickly get themselves in to so much trouble that he ends up with so much leverage over them

“Part of my therapy is to spend time alone with your daughters. Is that ok?”

”Yep, go ahead!”

👏