passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

I nearly binged the whole of the Madeleine McCann doc last night. I fancied carrying on with the whole disappearance thing after watching about Ted Bundy, which is also worth a bit of a watch to see what a complete carnival that whole thing was.

Anyway, the McCann thing. It's much more than what you'd expect. It goes on to show similar cases in the USA about a kid that disappeared and also cross references  behaviours that alerted people from other murders committed by Ian Huntley. There's a bit in it where they bring in dogs to see if they can find any evidence and it's oddly horrifying in a way I can't fully articulate.

It's worth a watch, although it is quite long and there's lots of reading since there's a lot of Portuguese talking in it. I've been surprised at the quality though, it's very thorough and well presented.

I’m watching something called Knock Down The House And it’s about American politics and grass root candidates trying to get on the ballot and become representatives for their area and it’s really good. It has Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in it who I think is amazing. I follow her on Twitter and watch her chew up people in these big question hall things and seeing her in this she is really brilliant and inspiring, and watching her on the come up like this is reall heart warming. There are other people they focus on from different states as well but Alexandria is down right magnetic that I’m really just watching for her story 

As much as I would love her to be I think the world is too caught up in this far-right shit right now to allow her to win that race. I think down the line she should really go for it but not because of her age just because things are just to turbulent and racist right now it would be pointless. Just hope she doesn’t get absorbed by the system to much until then

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first few episodes of a show called It's Bruno which is about a very intense young man called Malcolm and his cute as fuck dog Bruno. I'm a dog kinda guy and their bestfriendmenship really shines through. Weird show. 10 out of 10 good boys. 

Neon Genesis Evangelion is coming to US Netflix on June 21. I assume that means that UK/Ireland Netflix will get it around the same time. Apparently it has a new dub, for what that's worth.

The End of Evangelion is coming at the same time also (movie finale)

So DBZ plebs like Maf will not have any excuse now not to watch it.

Netflix is going up. I think that’s twice in a year? I cancelled mine when I needed every penny recently with the intention to renew later but I think I’ll wait until something on there grabs my attention as I’d just started repeating old shows. Probably will wait for Batter Call Saul or BoJack, whichever comes first. 

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed it. I don't think it's hilarious but the whole show is just pure chaos and dissonance. Definitely two of my favourite things. 

I watched Velvet Buzzsaw and although I didn't live it, it's not a movie I could look at and say oh hey, this is how to make it better. It's a unique film for sure and does a great job of highlighting how pretentious everyone in the art world is without feeling nasty. My lady wife went to art school and some of the stories she has told me about it rung true here. There is a scene with this sphere that everyone is losing their shit over and when I was in Australia back in 2012 there was a very similar exhibit at the VCA end of year show. Except this was a giant metal block in a dark room. As in literally dark, not in a photography sense. Art is dumb. But awesome. The plot if you don't know is about silly art people and some evil paintings that kill people.