passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

Devilman Crybaby

Absolutely brilliant limited anime series. 10 episodes, 20 minutes each, full of blood, boobs, and brutal demon slaying. Story is dark and crazy deep in places. Just watch it, it’s gebuinely brilliant. 

On 10/03/2019 at 18:37, RikSP said:

Devilman Crybaby

I'm up to episode 5 and it really is a great show. Reminds me of a lot of Manga label stuff I watched growing up with all the boob jiggling and blood splatter. Going to be very disappointed if Ryo and Akira don't fuck. 

I'm watching Love, Death and Robots as well which is very similar in its uncompromising approach to sex and violence. Some really cool cyberpunk elements and generally a lot of fun. 

9 hours ago, RikSP said:

It's a remake of one of the boob jiggling blood splatter anime's I watched when I was a kid.

I never got to see it. There was a trailer for it at the start of literally every VHS we had but outside of hearing him shout Deeeeeviiiiiiiilmaaaaaaaan I didn't know much about it. 

Loads of stuff on my list at the moment. Nearly finished After Life. Got new episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on the go too.

Plus I started the Maddie doc.

And new Arrested Development series that I should be excited to watch, but am not.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I started with the new Arrested Development episodes but gave up.

I feel like there is a funny Ron Howard voice over opportunity here, but I can't think of it.

I'm just finishing up Russian Doll, it's great. Depending on how meta it goes, I might start it again from the top to spot stuff missed on first viewing.

I really enjoyed After Life. Thought the first episode was a bit ropey but it got a lot better once he started to realise that although it's painful, Kevin Hart is quite funny. 

Also watched season 2 of American Vandal. Started it when it first came out but it felt a bit too similar to the first season.  "X was obviously the one what done it because here is proof. BUT WAIT!" It started to get a bit more interesting by the third episode though and kept me guessing until the end. Good fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seconded. Half way through season 3 and it's still fantastic. 

I finished up Love, Death and Robots and it was fantastic. I'm a big fan of anthologies in general so if you throw some cyberpunk and titties at it I'm going to be in heaven. 

Devilman: Crybaby however has really gone off the boil as the show has gone on. Few episodes left and I'll probably finish it but it's a bit of a drag after such a strong start. 

On 18/03/2019 at 16:42, AndyKurosaki said:

The last series of Arrested Development was pretty meh,so I’ve not even bothered with the new one yet. The series had some good moments. But was never in the same tier as Always Sunny In Philadelphia or Parks and Recreation 

It was better than both those series at one point. But it's gotten so rubbish now that its legacy is in question imo. Like The Simpsons.

On 29/03/2019 at 19:36, DANGERMAN said:

yeah, I didn't want to upset Rik so I just stopped talking about it, but I didn't think Devilman ended well at all

Why would that upset me? I didn’t make the thing. Shame you didn’t enjoy it though.