passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

I watched that the other day, it just made me feel sad.

The bit where they spend 20 grand on a laser gyroscope because they think that will disprove they're not spinning 15° and then they say the sky must be fucking up the recording because that's whats's spinning so they encase the gyro and get the same answer. It's like, why would encasing the gyro even matter? A bismuth capsule is still going to return the same. They prove themselves time and time again that Earth is a globe but they just refuse to accept it.

On 20/02/2019 at 17:44, Sly Reflex said:

The bit where they spend 20 grand on a laser gyroscope because they think that will disprove they're not spinning 15° and then they say the sky must be fucking up the recording because that's whats's spinning so they encase the gyro and get the same answer. It's like, why would encasing the gyro even matter? A bismuth capsule is still going to return the same. They prove themselves time and time again that Earth is a globe but they just refuse to accept it.

I watched that the other day, I liked the bit where that one flat earther decided all the rest were working for the CIA. As for the main guy, he came across as harmless enough and quite nice really. Just completely insane when it comes to believing that the world is flat.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'm watching Abducted In Plain Sight that I'm sure someone has already mentioned before, but holy shit. That family is just dumb as rocks.

It was me and yes. ? Actually it’s relevant atm with the Michael Jackson doc as those parents also were brainwashed. But that was MJ with millions not a nerdy neighbour with a tape recorder. 

I was talking to Mark about it last night, I described them as though they were in that ricky gervais film The Invention of Lying

I ended up feeling a little sorry for them, as stupid as they are. They're mormons, preposterously niave, and pretty quickly get themselves in to so much trouble that he ends up with so much leverage over them

Finished Losers. It's great. I'd wish the episodes was longer. I could of happily watched a movie about most of the stories. I'd some how never heard about that Torquay United game before too. ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

@wiivo 2.0 is it worth watching for someone (well, me) who hasn't bothered with F1 since the late nineties? I love a good doc and the behind the scenes stuff with F1 is generally more interesting than the races...

I was thinking about that as I was watching. It’s hard to know because I have memories of the season it brings up and so it feeds a fan anticipation of what’s to come. But actually the more I’ve watched it doesn’t just diary one race after the next and instead chooses key stories from the whole season to focus on each episode. 

I’d say watch the first episode and if you don’t care for it then give it all a miss but it isn’t made in such a way that it’s for fans of motorsport or even if you’re up to date as to who is who. It’s well presented and explained without being dumbed down at all. 

Ferrari and Merc didn’t get involved so it benefits in not focusing too much on the front two teams. It has very candid interviews and behind the scenes insight. 

Edit: Forgot to add that it even made 2018 Monaco interesting which was one of the most boring races of my life.