passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

3 hours ago, smallofbooty said:

The Coen Brothers Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Begins as a typically quirky piece of Coens whimsy and rapidly turns into a series of pretty dark and dismal  vignettes set in the old west. Tom Waits gold prospector was particularly good.

I watched that the other day, if for no other reason to watch Tom Waits doing his best Tom Waits impression.

”Hello, Mr Pocket!”

it's on twitter that Netflix have cancelled Daredevil ? it's their best show

I'm assuming this is all down to Disney starting their own streaming service. I can understand Iron Shit getting cancelled because it's absolute fucking shit, maybe even Luke Cage, but Daredevil people actually like

Yeah I don't think it's that surprising. Disney will want as many of their ip's under one roof as possible. The next issue is, will Daredevil (and I guess Jessica Jones, Punisher etc) pick up where they left off on the new Disney platform (Possibly), and will Disney allow something that's a hard 18 on their platform (almost certainly not).

It’s a shame Daredevil is cancelled,it was legitimately brilliant (though I haven’t seen series 3 yet). Iron Fist I will never bother with,as every review is pretty much “crap”. Luke Cage was ok,ish. But once they both got cancelled,I felt Daredevil was probably not long for this world.

I can’t see them resuming on the Disney service. Especially not with their adult content. More likely that’s it for all of those shows.

Started watching “It’s always Sunny in Philidelphia”. Not totally into it yet,maybe the first season is a slow burn. Hopefully it will be more enjoyable than The Office US,which is doing my head in with what an unlikeable bellend Michael Scott is.

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

the first series of Sunny isn't great, but it really picks up once Danny Devito comes in, it completely changes the show

Yeah that’s what I heard. I don’t mind getting to that point. Parks and Recreation had a mediocre first series,but soon improved from there.

@AndyKurosaki I'm also doing the office at the moment as well, but really enjoying it. My toes are trying to curl out of my body for most of it, but in a good way. 

In stuff on Netflix news, I'm now on to series 3 of Rick & Morty. I was pretty indifferent to it at the start, but it gets very good. Might revisit the first series once I'm up to date. 

Rick and Morty is awesome. I’ve watched it through several times,still absolutely love it.

My major problem with The Office US is how much I despise Michael. I’m at Season 5 and he just gets worse. From his constant bullying of Toby for no reason,to his selfish attitude. I just think he’s an unlikeable tool. Seeing him miserable is the only part about him I like.

I still listen to Dan Harmon's podcast but I still haven't got round to Rick & Morty. It has one of those obnoxious fan bases and I can't tell if I'd like the show. 

Maybe I'll get round to it when I get Netflix back. 

I did get back into watching Bob's Burgers again after not watching it for a few years.  About three serieses have been made since.