passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

2 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

It's quite comfortably in my top 10 shows of all time. I've paused on the most recent series as I was getting through them too quickly.

Pause just for your own mental health. I found it was leaving a bit of a dent after I binged it all

9 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Pause just for your own mental health. I found it was leaving a bit of a dent after I binged it all

Yeah that as well to be fair. This series doesn't seem to go as dark as the previous couple, there's still time though.

10 hours ago, RikSP said:

Daredevil season 3.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

?

+1

Finished Daredevil S3 yesterday and I thought it was really good. Bullseye probably the best villain in the Netflix series outside maybe Killgrave and Kingpin. D'onofrio is just so good. Constant threat even when it's a simple scene.

Also started Sabrina. The wife grew up watching Melissa kiddy version  and has recently been through the series again. I knew this was t going to be that, it was interesting to see her reaction ? she's into it tho. It's got that small town peril retro vibe going on like Stranger Things had. We'll binge this over the next week.

Someone might have already mentioned this show, but in case anyone hasn’t seen or heard of it....

I woke up at an obscenely early hour this morning so started watching Big Mouth. Animated series about kids going through “the change”, though it’s very much an adult show and not for kids. Along the lines (though not as out and out offensive) as South Park.

Really funny so far.

Very much NSFW clip next:

not on Netflix, in fact I think it's on Comedy Central over here, so Sky Go, but I've watched a couple of episodes of Gary and His Demons, what I've seen has been really funny. It's got about 7 frames of animation in any scene, but it's a lot better than it looks

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Some of the accents and acting in the Castlevania series ?

Ha, ha - I know ?

I’m enjoying it, but can’t work out how much it was intended to be a comedy.

There’s an Out of Context Castlevania Twitter account now which I’m finding quite amusing ?

there's a Crusader, you know, those famous English religious knights, who's got a surfer dude accent.

I've come to the conclusion that the action is great, some of the nods to Castlevania are great, but everything else ranges from early 90s anime to straight up bad

but yeah, I'd watch more of it ?

I'm in the middle of watching The Night Comes For Us which is the new Netflix original action film from a bunch of people that made the two Raid films (although crucially, not Gareth Evans). It's pretty good and the action sequences are some of the best since Raid 2, but the script and story is pretty lacking and a bit too much of it is too stupid.

Started watching Sabrina.

My wife was a big fan of the original show, and we needed a series to watch together. I begrudgingly agreed to give it a go and, so far, I’ve been quite pleasantly suprised.

Far darker and adult than I expected. When someone got brutally stabbed through the neck in the first couple of minutes, I was quite shocked.

We aren’t in Melissa Joan Hart country anymore......

• 3 weeks later...