radiofloyd

Cyberpunk 2077

6 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

If you want to refute my stance bring me some stats saying there are lots of LGBT in the tech industry. 

The onus is on you to prove to me. You started throwing these statements about.

You challenged it.  Prove it wrong. 

It's common knowledge that the tech industry is prominently white, straight, male. 

It might be.

But that's not what you said, is it? You said there's be more LGBT people working in the industry if they had power. I reckon proportionally to population LGBT is represented. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they shout it from the rooftops every second they can.

It's not really about how many gay people are working in tech. That's just box ticking and tokenism. People shouldn't be encouraged to enter a field just so some corporate shitlord can feel better about themselves. The real question and standard to aspire to is do marginalized groups feel safe within whatever environment they are working in and it seems anecdotally at least that's not the case with tech. Almost all groups of people that don't just fit the default NPC model have issues within the field, people with mental health issues, wamminz and LGBT folks all seem to find trouble in tech and that sucks. The extent of that and the things that cause it are open for debate and it doesn't seem like there is an easy fix. Gamers can't even have a mature discussion about DLC so what chance do we have of fixing this problem? It's very sad. I'm sad now. 

Im gonna come straight and ask if this can be moved somewhere else?... its got knob all to do with the game.

6 minutes ago, Nag said:

straight

Reeeeeeeeeee

11 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

The LGBT in tech stuff could be its own topic but LGBT on Cyberpunk is on topic

It's debatable as to whether you can class it as "news"

While I agree that this particular issue can be relevant to the game, it certainly is the genre, the discourse in here at the minute is pretty... shit. I'm not sure how to word that better other than it's not exactly high brow, so maybe we move on until there's something more worthwhile to say