passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cyberpunk 2077

radiofloyd

If you get this via gog, isn't there a no quibble return thing? I want to play it because HYPE but worry my pc is going to struggle under the weight

Edit

Yes, it seems they have a 30 day refund window regardless of if you've downloaded, played etc. Might take a punt on this then and see. It's currently 30% off on pre-ordered via gog.com as well, so £35

Turns out, that is 30% off the gog merch store if you pre-ordered.

Lots of press outlets apparently don't have review code

They might be trying to massage the metascore a bit. Which doesn't mean it will be a bad game, WB did something similar with Arkham Asylum iirc and that game is regarded a classic. But it is another reason why it's best to read what people say than trust a aggregated number of reviews

I wonder if the hype might backfire a bit with this. Not that I think it will be a bad game but I feel like it might turn out less mass-market compatible than most people want it to be. From what I've seen it looks like a more colourful Deus Ex with cars and that franchise has always been rather niche.

Will be interesting to observe. I'll tune in in a year or so when I have a newer console to play it on.

I think it'll do really well tbh, it's sort of had a perfect storm of media hype from the Keanu 'breathtaking' stuff and the rep CDPR got with Witcher

I think the game itself could end up a bit divisive tho in a kind of RDRII way, given that Cyberpunk as a genre has generally being a bit more thoughtful and chin-stroking than the advertising for this seems to make it out to be. If it is genuinely Deus Ex with flying cars then it could be a very boring walking and talking sort of game (which is what I want, to be perfectly honest) rather than futuristic GTA.

It's why I don't really care that apparently the shooting gameplay is rubbish. From what I've seen the FPS stuff looks exactly the same as Deus Ex, pretty bad but serviceable. Witcher 3 wasn't well regarded as a well playing game but a really well written world and story, also incredible (for the time) visuals.

I'd be more than happy with a Deus Ex experience for the main story. I think they've started to make people aware that the game is an RPG in terms of gameplay, not a GTA clone - for instance you can't just jump in any car and drive off.

I can't wait.

There's footage of base Xbox stuff 'leaking', this is just general driving around gameplay with zero spoilable plot stuff but I'll spoiler it. But it looks kind of rough, there's some weird artification going on that could be explained by the video compression but I don't think that's what it is, seems to be some weird screen space reflection thing or a visual oddity of this particular port

I guess this won't be many ppl's chosen format on here anyway

tbh I'd be sort of weirdly relieved if the game ended up not being all that cause I have ppl calling me back to FFXIV, I had no idea that the patch was out tomorrow. Also Hitman is really really fucking good (no major bugs in that)

edit

3gSyXcVd9KENVSjtj3BXuf-970-80.png

3070 isn't on the list, boo. But looking at the position for the 3060ti and 80 I guess I'll be playing this at 30fps. 

I'm sure if I lock it to that I'll get over it quick enough

I saw some streamer guy I watch say he's probably going to opt for 1080p on his 3080, which seems like not the type of thing you want to do if that's the card you bought

CDPR told people to not make benchmarks cause apparently the review code is running DRM that makes the game run worse, but apparently that DRM is denuvo. Denuvo might make games run worse but I bet it won't change that much when the game releases. Except where it's really CPU bound (that 7700k/3090 benchmark is pretty different from the rest, apparently the others are on a 9900k)

They really really should just have the benchmark as a separate download

edit for some fucked up reason this game has a pattern in it identical to what they use to deliberately trigger and diagnose epileptic seizures in people

Fucking come on

Not that it has any bearing on the game itself but this game seems a lot like TLOUII in that it's really bringing out the dregs of humanity in some of those twitter comment sections. The woman who wrote the review about getting a seizure from the game had lots of 'helpful' DMs sent to here containing seizure inducing videos.

There's also a few pepe avatars out there determined to insist on the artistic integrity of CDPR's vision when it comes to putting in epileptic triggers into their games, cause apparently that's 'what the future is like in cyberpunk' or something