passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cyberpunk 2077

radiofloyd

I mean, if it needs saying, the problem isn't that some people fit stereotypes, it's the depiction that everyone does. I'm not entirely sure how that relates to that poster but I felt like it needed saying 

I'd also argue that comedy should punch up, but there's certainly pricks that dont

Reason pride is like that is for people to say "look at me, I refuse to be made to feel ashamed for who I am."

(Which is why "straight pride" doesn't really work as a similar concept because straight people haven't been told that they are broken and sinful since birth)

CDPR aren't being told "stop doing that", (well mostly) they're being asked what's the meaning behind the image. Cause their history leads to dark interpretations.

Not that the anti-SJW twitterati will show it in that light.

17 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

How do you know how many LGBT people are working at games devs? They could literally be anyone? They don't need to look gay to be gay.

If you want to refute my stance bring me some stats saying there are lots of LGBT in the tech industry. 

I'm not judging by how any dev looks to discern whether they're gay or whatever.  But from numbers and anecdotal evidence from LGBT devs. 

6 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

If you want to refute my stance bring me some stats saying there are lots of LGBT in the tech industry. 

The onus is on you to prove to me. You started throwing these statements about.

It might be.

But that's not what you said, is it? You said there's be more LGBT people working in the industry if they had power. I reckon proportionally to population LGBT is represented. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they shout it from the rooftops every second they can.

It's not really about how many gay people are working in tech. That's just box ticking and tokenism. People shouldn't be encouraged to enter a field just so some corporate shitlord can feel better about themselves. The real question and standard to aspire to is do marginalized groups feel safe within whatever environment they are working in and it seems anecdotally at least that's not the case with tech. Almost all groups of people that don't just fit the default NPC model have issues within the field, people with mental health issues, wamminz and LGBT folks all seem to find trouble in tech and that sucks. The extent of that and the things that cause it are open for debate and it doesn't seem like there is an easy fix. Gamers can't even have a mature discussion about DLC so what chance do we have of fixing this problem? It's very sad. I'm sad now. 

While I agree that this particular issue can be relevant to the game, it certainly is the genre, the discourse in here at the minute is pretty... shit. I'm not sure how to word that better other than it's not exactly high brow, so maybe we move on until there's something more worthwhile to say

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...