passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cyberpunk 2077

radiofloyd

Another reason why more of a light has been shone on this is because this transhuman sci-fi does attract trans folk, with the allegory of having the ability to turn your body into who you truly are so when you go bowling head first into the sexuality side of things, well, it's best to do it well. 

This is a bit off topic, but I remember reading something about a year ago to do with The Matrix and transgender and sexuality. Basically, the matrix is an analogy for gender identification and sexual identification and breaking out of the prescribed norm. Something that had never occurred to me the numerous times I've seen that film, but echoed with a lot of people watching the film who are non-cis or where still not "out" regarding their sexuality.

It's pretty frustrating that the Red Pill meme is what it is due to where it comes from. 

The trans thing in The Matrix is an interesting take.  It was supposed to be in the text more, rather than subtext, as the character Switch was meant to be a man but a woman when in the matrix (or visa versa), but studio heads weren't ready for that. 

5 hours ago, Whiskey_chaser said:

Do we get to see the outline of Keanu's penis?

Close lol, Its kinda ridiculous.

Whilst watching newly released gameplay footage, someone paused it and zoomed into the background at a poster with what looks like a female but with a bulge in the pants.

Thats pretty much it.

Thats how easy people jump to reactions these days ?/?

That was GoG that put out those tweets though. Not someome responsible for creating their games. The dude got fired as well, there was a pretty interesting interview with how his life had been ruined over a fucking tweet on Eurogamer. I don't even think the people reporting it cared that much, I think it was his death to games journalism tweet that really riled them up and got them reporting on everything the account did. 

FWIW, CD Project fired the idiotic social media person last year. 

He tried to claim he didn't know the offensive context of the memes he was sharing, which at the minimum makes him bad at his job, but he was clearly one of those dickhead "Gamer" people.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-05-troubling-gog-tweets-a-fired-cd-projekt-employee-and-the-spectre-of-gamergate

GoG is still owned by CDPR and the Cyberpunk Twitter was also making tweets (same guy probably?)

I don't know, it seems easy to me not to be a stupid naive idiot and attach your employer's brand to hateful shit. I don't know what form the backlash against that guy took. If it's purely unemployment then maybe he can use his time to actually learn to be a bit more self aware and responsible when in a public role. If it's something more than that then that's different, but the original action is still stupid.

It's really easy to miss context. I remember when I first arrived in Germany a couple of years ago I was talking to someone and casually ending a topic with their version of 'to each his own' (Jedem das Seine). Turns out the Nazis had printed that phrase above the entrance to a concentration camp. Lucky me, who didn't know this at the time.

Of course, as a social media guy, this Halliday person should have known most of these things, particularly Gamergate. Quietly firing him was probably the right call as he was affecting the company's image in a negative way. But the way everything blows up today whenever someone farts in the wrong octave is rubbing me the wrong way. The person who made the mistake is still a person. Personally I can't imagine what I'd do if thousands of people started sending me hatemail for a dumb mistake I made at work. I'm actually surprised he didn't jump off a cliff.

But what happened is that people did give him benefit of the doubt, when he tweeted the GamerGate thing. It was believable that someone could maybe not fully grasp why that was a problem, GG-ers are really good at their propaganda.

It's just then he did it again and he says some things in his interview suggesting he thinks GG isn't so bad really. That suggests either a real lack of growth or that he wasn't particularly genuine first time he said "sorry".

I agre with you btw that Twitter has just completely fucking obliterated how we talk and react to these things. But likewise there are dickheads out there who exploit how paralysed we are by it to sneak in disingenuous bullshit. Which we should be aware of too.

Just look at how binary things have become when criticising some art in a game is because The Left hate fun or whatever. It's like the idea of a trans right winger is inconceivable or something.

The day when video game studios get told what to do or say with regards to minorities is the day I'm fcking out of here

There are places where it just doesn't help and actually kills its subject - like comedy for instance

If you're not taking the piss out off someone, then there is no comedy, that is its core

And if we're talking about LBGTQ being spoken about or depicted in a stereotypical way, I don't think their Pride marches help them at all.

nyc-pridemarch-2018-001.jpg