passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cyberpunk 2077

radiofloyd

I'm sure we'll find out later on, but this year do we think?

I'm still shocked that this will be a current gen game. I'm still thinking it will be on next gen too, but really surprised that it will be on current.

This new one is especially strange since the whole thing is so perfect for the world they are creating and the criticism seems to be, hey, this doesn't fit in the world WE live in. Although to be fair I've only seen Eruogamer talk about it and outside of the headline it was a very reasonable article and interesting to get a peak into the process at CDPR.

NSFW although if you do and your boss complains you could probably call discrimination. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190614-080008_Chrome.jpg

Hot. 

The criticism is does it reduce somebody's body to nothing other than sexual fetish. At least that's what I've seen.

I'm nowhere near qualified to enter the minefield of gender politics, but I feel like as designers CDPR should be able to accept that how the use images like this will open them to criticism (bad or otherwise). So I don't get the wah wah about "The Left" really.

The designer has said it's supposed to be criticism of how the model in this world is commercially exploited. Kind of need to see the full game to see if that's a theme explored in genuineness. I thought it was a well enough worded response anyway.

5 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

The criticism is does it reduce somebody's body to nothing other than sexual fetish.

But that's not a valid criticism in this instance I don't think. The amount of times women's bodies have been used for advertising. The Diet Coke adverts that used to highly sexualise men. This is just a natural progression of 'sex sells' - it's kind of accepting trans people in a way.

I think the issue comes from the fact that CDPR have had issues with transphobic jokes in the past and haven't built that faith back up before wading into the argument in an intelligent way. So people are naturally a little more suspicious about their intent.

10 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Kind of need to see the full game to see if that's a theme explored in genuineness.

This I definitely agree with though. If it's not explored further then at best, it's lazy developing, at worst it's outright exploitative.