Sign in to follow this  
Nag

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen.

Will get this on Switch, so long as they don't take the p*ss price wise, and it's playable without needing the online pass thing.

Cheapskate, yep maybe, but spent about 100 hrs with it on the 360 a few years ago.

A report on GameSpot said the Switch version will be $30.

Which, noting that I got DD:DA (360) for £13, 5 years ago, doesn't sound too appealling (bit like how I passed on the NS version of Skyrim too).

I can't actually remember what I payed for the PS4 version now, no more than £25 that's for certain... And that was the third time I'd bought the game.😂

I hope them releasing it over and over shows that they're going to do another one at some point.

9 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

That's just the "prove to us you really want a sequel" tax.

Like DMC4 special edition.

I'd like to think that I've already done that in buying both DD and DD:DA on the 360..... :-)

12 minutes ago, regemond said:

Not enough. Buy it again.

We must be due at least three more sequels to Okami and Skyrim based on that logic.....

The guy doing DMC5 is supposedly ramping up for his next project... DD2 confirmed!

This interview basically comes as close to confirming the above without saying outright

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/

Next gen RE-engine release I'm guessing.

“Here we are – we’re now finishing up DMC5. But I had ideas for Dragon’s Dogma 2 at the time as well. So here we are, it’s the end of this project.” Itsuno grins.

“I’ve always got maybe around four different titles in mind, maybe about four different ideas that I’d love to make. But there’s a difference between the titles that I’d love to make and the titles that I think I should make next. But here we are, we’re here, and… I’m already gearing up for my next project. We can’t say what it is, but we’re looking forward to getting to work on it.”

“Whenever I make a game, I make specifically what I want to play, what I’ve always wanted to play. Dragon’s Dogma is one of those things where ever since I was a kid this is the kind of experience I wanted from a game. I think about that and then I work towards creating that experience.”

He goes on to say that he regards it as his most successful project. “The one that was kind of the biggest success in my mind, the one I’m most proud of – that’s probably Dragon’s Dogma. The one that was the hardest to work on, that took the most effort – that’s this one. That’s DMC5.”

DD was a blueprint existed way back in 2000, but he got dragged off to try and get DMC2 back on track so it took him an age to get Capcom to approve it. It's more of a passion project for him I think

I really hope he does get to make a sequel, tighten up the story, add new (bigger) monsters and open up the character creator even more is all I want.

Regardless, if a sequel did ever happen I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

I remember getting excited over Deep Down then about Dragons Dogma Online, so this time I'll wait until an actual release date until I feel thrilled.