passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen.

wholehole

Capcom isn't done with Dragon's Dogma it seems, and nor indeed should you be finished with the game just yet - even if you've redeemed your Resident Evil 6 demo - as there's more content on the way for the slightly odd RPG. This is thanks in no small part to the game's success, performing better than expected.

An interview posted on 4Gamer reveals that there's additional play elements on the way to Dragon's Dogma according to the game's Director, Hideaki Itsuno. "I'm sure many have already cleared the game, but for Dragon's Dogma, we're continuing to prepare new play elements," he said. "It would be best if you held on to the game for a bit."

Itsuno also noted that with enough fan support, there'd be a more compelling case for a Dragon's Dogma sequel. Although, we expect the game performing beyond expectations ought to help anyway. We're all for a follow-up. Dragon's Dogma was a bit good, despite its many quirks and flaws.

[Via Andriasang]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12249-Dragon-s-Dogma-Future-DLC-Bringing--New-Play-Elements-.html

Interesting.... wonder what this could be?.

Decided to start a brand new character last night as when you hit a certain level the game gets far too easy (sorry Wholhole, if you were using Lulu she's probably changed into Arcee, the level 6 weakling).... its bloody annoying getting your arse handed to you by a mob of Goblins all over again.

No worries, finished it over the weekend. She fought with me through everything and never gave up, I'll never forget her weep.gif

Such a weird game, story and gameplay both. I enjoyed it a lot but I find it difficult to recommend for some reason. I started a NG+ and changed vocation to a Mystic Knight, kinda wish i'd switched sooner as it's a shitload of fun smacking stuff with a massive hammer.

No worries, finished it over the weekend. She fought with me through everything and never gave up, I'll never forget her weep.gif

After creating Arcee last night i slept at an inn, received over 100,000 Rift Crystals and a shit load of creature and area knowledge from you renting out Lulu.... that should come in real handy for my new pawn. :D

• 2 months later...

Dark Arisen expansion announced:

Capcom has announced Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, a "major expansion" to its mythical beast-slaying role-player.

Dark Arisen will arrive sometime next year for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

No other details were given, except that players will be able to carry save data over to the expansion.

A teaser trailer and screenshots lie below.

In the meantime, Capcom is set to release new Speedrun and Hard mode options to the main Dragon's Dogma quest via free DLC.

Speedrun will challenge players to clear the game as quickly as possible with in-game equipments awarded for those who clock specific times. Hard Mode turns up the difficulty with enemies that are tougher to defeat, but with the reward of further equipment

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-21-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-is-a-major-expansion-due-next-year

• 3 months later...

Most of those look like they could come from the main game.... i'll let them off though as the game itself was fucking awesome, i'd love to see a sequel on the next gen machines.

Does anyone know if this a disc based expansion?.... and would you need the main game to play it?.

Does anyone know if this a disc based expansion?.... and would you need the main game to play it?

Right now it's Japan only and it disc-based and from what I've read on Siliconera it will have the first game on the disc too.

Capcom will release an expanded version of Dragon’s Dogma for Japan called Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen. This version has a new area called the Black Curse Island to explore with new monsters.

Death carries a lantern in one hand and a scythe in the other.

Greater Goblins wear masks and attack with maces while Goblin Shamans cast spells from afar.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will also have new weapons, armor, and items to collect. Capcom also enhanced the character creation system with new parts.

http://www.siliconer...ma-dark-arisen/

:o Death must have been eating his wheaties!! That's one big mother fucker.

ddogmadark2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

There's an expansion for this, Dark Arisen, coming out on April 26th. It's being released on disc for £20, and includes the original game.

I know what you're thinking: What, I own Dragon's Dogma 1 and I have to pay £20 to get this - the same as a complete newcomer? Well yes you do.

But.

You can carry characters and saved data into Dark Arisen, and as an owner of the original game you'll be given gifts: 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and a Gransys Armour Pack that has six new costumes.

It doesn't sound like the greatest reward for your loyalty, but it's better than a kick in the teeth.

• A huge new underground realm populated by more than 25 new enemies
  • A new tier (level 3) of skills for each class
  • More than 100 pieces of new equipment
  • New high level weapons and armour sets
  • 14 new character/Pawn alignments
  • New tiers of equipment enhancements
  • More character customisation options
  • Item appraisal
  • Optional Japanese voice over

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-23-dragons-dogma-expansion-dark-arisen-out-on-26th-april

http://youtu.be/wDx_GdJ97BY

• 3 months later...

Is there anyway to edit the thread title for this or am I just being dense?... thought it might be worth just adding the "Dark Arisen" subtitle to this rather than starting a new thread if people want to talk about the recently released expansion. :)

I had the game delivered on release day from Amazon for just over £15 (bargain) and I've put in a few hours so far.... gonna be awhile before I attempt any of the actual Dark Arisen stuff, I've a feeling you're gonna need a fairly high level character for that stuff. I'd forgotten just how much I liked this game, so far I've barely touched the main story and have been running around just building up my main and pawn stats for some of the more juicy lower level vocation boosts. My pawn's end game will be a high spell casting Sorcerer (again :D ) and i'm concentrating on the Fighter class, that'll probably change further into the game though.

Have to say, its been refreshing buying and playing a game and not giving achievements a second thought.... there aren't any new ones.

Played a bit of this last night, only an hour or two really, but so far my impressions are mixed. Im not entirely sure what im meant to be doing, im just sort of running around whacking things.

At times it feels like a really awesome game, but at other times it feels like a souped up version of Dynasty warriors. I got a level 90 pawn from the rift as well as my one I made and another, so ive got 2 mages a fighter and me as a strider, but im not sure if having this high level pawn is making it better or worse for me. Im going to some areas which are easy in parts but then im sometimes getting absolutely fucked. What I think is happening is that this high level pawn is pretty much dealing with everything but when she doesnt, then my other two pawns get destroyed and its only taking about three hits from some enemies to kill me. Perhaps I should just follow the main quest stories for a bit?