passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

EA news

Sly Reflex

Meh. Dragon Age: Origins and The Awakening expansion were truly, honestly, wonderful RPG’s and helping Bioware dominate my ‘Top RPG’s of All Time’ list along with KotOR and the Mass Effect series. I adore those games and even outside of being RPG’s some of the best games of the last generation of consoles. Full stop.

Even Dragon Age 2, that gets a lot of shit and I totally get why, I liked that as well because it was pretty ok and the series still held a lot of good will with me that I still liked being in that universe. 

But Inquisition absolutely lost me. Just could not have missed what made this series special any harder if they tried. Along with the story becoming really fragmented at that point because the series never stays on one group of characters, the battle systems becoming dumber each go around, the overly bloated Ubisoft robbing game design, just the same old archetypes of characters and 

dragon_age_inquisition_16.jpg

Remember when this game was fucking gritty like Lord of the Rings meets heavy metal and graphic violence and then look at that fucking book. How fucking stupid. 

Point is, man, fuck Dragon Age 4 who gives a shit. 

8 minutes ago, Maf said:

Point is, man, fuck Dragon Age 4 who gives a shit

They are my mum's favourite games, you bastard. 

If they are going down the games as service route with DA4 then they really are way out of touch with what people want to play and I would imagine, what the devs actually want to make which should ensure DA4 is another loveless pile of shite. 

I think that fantasy stuff has reignited with stuff like Pillars and Divinity? I know those aren't third person, but they're offering the same sort of fantasy with opportunities to roleplay. Maybe I'm a bit wide of the mark there, I don't know.

EA ruin everything. They could make some fantastic games if they just give the devs a big pile of money and got back to them in a few years time and publish a game that's not had any interference from some twats in a room that has a whiteboard with loads of buzzwords on it. I know they're a business and that they're chasing trends to make bank, but they could do that without being an massive shack of cocksuckers.

I'm not sure Anthem was EA's fault. I know these publishers aren't usually touted in being great for the industry, what with being totally focussed on the profit margins rather than a good product, but sometimes it's just creative absence or lack of leadership in the Dev. 

I'm just relaying, but I did read and hear stuff about EA leaving Anthem be for the last 6 years or so and Anthem is essentially what they pulled out at the last minute ?‍♀️

I've not much hope for Dragon Age now. I didn't really like Inquisition. 

33 minutes ago, Bob said:

They are my mum's favourite games, you bastard. 

If they are going down the games as service route with DA4 then they really are way out of touch with what people want to play and I would imagine, what the devs actually want to make which should ensure DA4 is another loveless pile of shite. 

The thing is I actually think they are really in touch with what people want to play but through the lens of a spreadsheet. Then they look at what existing properties they have and try plug square pegs in to round holes, and all that. 

Which, who knows maybe DA4 comes out and is the greatest video game ever made by the hand of man. But DA3 was so homogenised into all current video game trends of the time and it’s edge watered down for mass appeal that when you read DA is now going to be a service based game. Like what even is that? To me I can’t imagine it because again it’s a square peg in a round hole. Like why is this being that? 

I don’t know. I should give it the benefit of the doubt. But, man who gives a shit. Except for Bob’s mum, of course, who I’m sure is very nice. 

EDIT: Also they now have to build a DA game in a world where the Witcher 3 exists so good luck with that, EA