passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

EA news

Sly Reflex

EA Sports has announced Madden NFL 25 for current-gen consoles. Also we have not somehow jumped into the future. EA decided to add a 25 instead of a 14 in celebration of the franchises 25th anniversary. The game will release on current-gen consoles on the 27th of August.

I'm sure there will be some sort of mega collectors edition for Madden NFL 25 too.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-release-date

• 1 month later...

There'll be an upturn when the new consoles come out I believe. Hopefully the new guy will greenlight some of the stuff gamers want and blackball all the shit they don't want. I know it probably won't happen, but I can dream.

I hope it happens. EA have to regain what little respect they had from gamers, which they can do by shelling out for some games that would usually never see the light of day.

I'll take a shitty launch period and badly handled PR every so often to get a few new games released.

Im not sure EA gives a shit about gamer's respect to be honest, theyve got all their sport franchises that are released on every system ever and always sell really well, they had no need at all to add microtransaction stuff, but they knew that doing so would then increase their income exponentially at least over the sports sim games and then they added it to their even more mainstream games, as well as in game advertising and so on. Once you start down the road of making profit wherever its possible, its very rare that you get to a point where you are satisfied with the profits you are making, or you begin to value other things like gamer's respect or admiration among peers in the industry.

• 1 month later...

Zero Wii U games in development.

Madden is skipping the Wii U this year, marking the first time since 1991 that a Nintendo console missed out on a new Madden. And the Frostbite 3 engine will not be adapted for the Wii U, eliminating the possibility that Battlefield 4 or any of the upcoming Star Wars games will ever grace the platform. So then... what is Electronic Arts bringing to the Wii U?

As it turns out, absolutely nothing.

EA spokesperson Jeff Brown broke the news to Kotaku, adding that EA is always open to the possibility of future Wii U development. But what about the infamous "unprecedented partnership" that former EA CEO John Riccitiello announced with Nintendo during E3 2011? Turns out all those late ports during the Wii U's launch was EA "delivering" on its promise.

I guess you can say this bridge has been properly burned, though there are still questions as to who lit the match in the first place. Eyes are now on Nintendo's E3 presence to see how the Japanese giant will rebuild confidence with its (former) partners.

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-has-zero-wii-u-games-in-development-253859.phtml

http://youtu.be/QPY05olaMkk

Hilarious in hindsight.

It's Friday and you worked hard this week. So sit back, crack open a cold beer and enjoy this twitter rant about Nintendo from senior EA engineer Bob Summerwill. The tweets have been taken down, but IGN took screen grabs. You gotta love screen grabs of foot in the mouth tweets.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/ea-senior-engineer-the-wii-u-is-crap

It's getting really creepy. It's like journalists rate EA to be so much more successful than they actually are. Sure, those sports games bring them a lot of money, and that Battlefield does them well... So do those Sims on the PC... But that's it. Pretty much everything else they do breaks even if they're lucky.

I just don't think it's a massive loss. Past sports games hit that million mark on the Wii, which is a fraction of what they do on other consoles, so it's like they're not really wanted anyway.

In fact it could be interesting to see a new sports franchise eat up that small market and build from it... Demon's Souls grew from a user base around that size, so a sensibly budgeted sports game could work on the Wii U since big direct competition isn't there.

But it's weird. It's like since EA can't be successful on a Nintendo console then they have to be shot down at every opportunity. That video PV posted the other day was a bit jokey using an ex-girlfriend analogy with regards to EA and Nintendo but the more you think about it the more it's clear EA so want Nintendo to fail. The only rational reason I can think of why is EA want the whole industry to be their way, and no other way.

EDIT: Oh and as for the Wii U's power and such, didn't EA's own Criterion get a their Need for Speed game running amazingly on the Wii U? I'm sure it's only bettered by the PC version running on a high end rig. I guess it comes down to how good of a programmer you are.

It's getting really creepy. It's like journalists rate EA to be so much more successful than they actually are. Sure, those sports games bring them a lot of money, and that Battlefield does them well... So do those Sims on the PC... But that's it. Pretty much everything else they do breaks even if they're lucky.

I just don't think it's a massive loss. Past sports games hit that million mark on the Wii, which is a fraction of what they do on other consoles, so it's like they're not really wanted anyway.
In fact it could be interesting to see a new sports franchise eat up that small market and build from it... Demon's Souls grew from a user base around that size, so a sensibly budgeted sports game could work on the Wii U since big direct competition isn't there.

But it's weird. It's like since EA can't be successful on a Nintendo console then they have to be shot down at every opportunity. That video PV posted the other day was a bit jokey using an ex-girlfriend analogy with regards to EA and Nintendo but the more you think about it the more it's clear EA so want Nintendo to fail. The only rational reason I can think of why is EA want the whole industry to be their way, and no other way.

EDIT: Oh and as for the Wii U's power and such, didn't EA's own Criterion get a their Need for Speed game running amazingly on the Wii U? I'm sure it's only bettered by the PC version running on a high end rig. I guess it comes down to how good of a programmer you are

I think it comes down to EA and others wanting this to be a two horse race. I agree I don't think EA has that big of a pull with people who play Nintendo type games. It is kind of worry though that Nintendo has pulled out of the E3 pissing contest. It almost like waving a flag of defeat. Nintendo need to reintroduce the Wii U and explain clear way people must own one. They need to show big titles to wow people. If not I don't see console sales picking up anytime soon and sales need to pick up before fall.