passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Adventures In Music Software

Hendo

*applies CPR to dead thread* It's Alive!

I got this for Christmas.

IMG_1356.JPG

I've been wanting to do some music production stuff for a while now. I'm currently not sure about what software to use though. I have used FL studio a little bit (a few hours perhaps) but I was leaning towards Ableton for no particular reason than someone at works uses it and I hate the name Fruity Loops.

Any suggestions/tips/recomendations?

Well I got as far as downloading fl studio again and getting it to see the keyboard. No idea yet how to set up instruments, or the pads or how to record anything. I’ll do some YouTube watching tonight and might get the trial for Ableton as well. 

• 2 months later...

well,  made something

I have settled on Reaper as my DAW of choice. Seems the most intiative to use out of the ones I've tried. The song above is two different synths running across 5 channels with different settings going on. Didn't really have anything in mind when starting, just let the sound dictate really. I'm quite please with it for literally the the first thing I've ever set out to record.

I like that! It is very Mass Effect, which is a compliment.

I haven’t used Reaper yet but I think a mate has used it a bit.

I’ve been dabbling back into GarageBand a bit which I still like. Ableton is my go-to for making stuff but I still use Audacity a fair bit.

That wedding song I made was 100% done with only Audacity and the Snowball mic.