passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma

radiofloyd

Yeah. I really should go back to Dark Souls. I got so fucking tense playing it my shoulders ached. You also reminded me I need to pick up Bulletstorm at some point. Someone mentions that after they played it it was like talking to me with slightly less swears.

• 2 years later...
ORIGINAL STORY 27/01/2015: Capcom has announced Dragon's Dogma Online, a new MMO-style entry in the fantasy role-playing game series.

The announcement came as part of a reveal in Japanese game magazine Famitsu, picked up by Siliconera and Gematsu.

Translation work from NeoGAF user Duckroll reveals the game to be a free-to-play action RPG for PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, so we can expect microtransactions. The executive producer is Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who led the charge on the first Dragon's Dogma game.

DDO is described as an online game - as you'd expect from the title - with an open world and a lobby that supports up to 100 players. Players can form parties of up to four players or pawns and go on quests. Raids support up to eight players at once.

A Capcom UK representative told Eurogamer this morning that there are no plans to release Dragon's Dogma Online in the west, so don't hold your breath.

Dragon's Dogma came out for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in May 2012. An expanded and enhanced version, called Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, launched in April 2013. Fans of the well-received series have called for a sequel ever since.

Dragon's Dogma Online sounds similar to Capcom's Deep Down, which is also without a confirmed western release.

UPDATE 29/01/2015: Capcom has released the first trailer for Dragon's Dogma Online, its PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC free-to-play online action role-playing game.

In the video, below, we see a fight with a dragon from the perspective of four players, as well as a town hub.

Capcom told Eurogamer earlier this week that it had no plans to bring Dragon's Dogma Online to these shores. It's due out in Japan at some point in 2015.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-27-dragons-dogma-online-revealed

well, Capcom probably don't make a massive amount on the street fighter game sales, but they make a shed load of micro-transaction DLC costumes.

I was hoping that was going to be a similar model for Dragon's Dogma. I can turn a blind eye to a micro-transaction wardrobe.

I really do love the idea of co-op DD, imagine having a party of actual people working to take things down, rahter than having to give out a constant string of commands for your Pawn to ignore

pawn, stay here and cover me

<pawn runs into the middle of the fight, is set on fire and run off into a ravine>

what a gaffe...

I completed the game, but the last 4-5 achievements never unlocked.

I was advised to swap my pawn away from my healing mage specifically to try and get the "good" ending.

Bad luck or a bug, either way, confusing ending and no acheiveables.

I kinda like the idea of playing through again and trying out a different class.

• 3 years later...