passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Free XBLA games

Hendo

It's not that hard if you have the games, I have 2 of them and already met the requirements.

http://playxbla.com/weekend-cheev-challenge/

The games to get the achievements in are Toy Soldiers : Cold War, Happy Action Theater and Joe Danger.

You only need 4 of the ones they state, then email them your gamertag* or take photos of the achievement screens.

Anyone who meets the requirements gets 3 XBLA codes and a Gunstringer t-shirt. Ends on Monday so get it done sharpish.

*I know what you're thinking but I'm pretty sure that it's run by Microsoft themselves.

pretty cool deal if you already have one of the games! i'm tempted to get joe danger for this (might get it when it goes on sale anyway for the new content, not sure how hard the 100x combo thing is), but then it'll probably turn out the free games will be crap anyway :unsure:

Weekend challenge is back, same deal, different games, only one XBLA code for grabs.

This Weekend Cheeve Challenge will feature the games listed below. The total number of cheeves you have to earn my Monday 9 AM PST is: Four

The Prize for meeting this weeks cheeve requirements are: One XBLA game code and mystery swag from next weeks Game Developer’s Conference!!!

Crimson Alliance

Big Bang Theory – Kill 25 enemies with explosive barrels in a single level - 10

Special Delivery - Carry the present out of Palace of Death on at least hard difficulty - 20

Soul Survivor - Defeat the Soul Siren - 20

Orcs Must Die!

Skin of your Teeth - Win a level with 1 rift point left - 10

Who Wants Pancakes? - Get 50 kills with the rolling log in one level - 20

Lights Out! - Get 20 chandelier kills in one level - 10

Alan Wake’s American Nightmare

Split Splat! - Take out two Splitter spawns with a single shot - 15

Skill Beats Gun - Survive an Arcade level using nothing but the flashlight and handheld flares - 10

Cool It - Make sure Dr. Meadows can take another look at the skies - 20

Not as confident this time, only have Orcs Must Die as yet.

http://playxbla.com/weekend-cheev-challenge-2/

Well I'm one short. The achievements don't seem to want to drop in Orcs Must Die, don't know whether they're glitched or I'm doing them wrong.

EDIT:

Just scraped through, got the 3 for Alan Wake and one of them for Orcs Must Die.

If it's something I already have, I'll be sure to offer it up.

• 1 month later...

This week's seems doable, especially as I'm assuming most of us own Limbo and Shadow Complex. I have three from each of those two already, so I'm in.

http://playxbla.com/weekend-cheeve-challange-2/

Prize is two XBLA codes, and EVERYONE wins, as long as they earn the six achievements and email PlayXBLA. So go, play, win stuff! Or laugh heartily because you've already got all the achievements in LIMBO and Shadow Complex so you're already a winner!

Limbo

No Point in Dying 10

Complete the game in one sitting with five or less deaths

Going Up 10

Don’t let gravity keep you down

Guided by Sparks 10

The crate is key

Climbing the Cog 10

Don’t pull the lever just because you can

Bloodforge

Like A Boss 10

Kill 10 enemies while they are bound with Crystals

Ripping a new one 15

Perform a perfect Rage Kill

Shadow Blade 20

Kill the messenger

Showdown 20

Make the prophecy come true

Shadow Complex

To Kill a Blackbird 15

Destroy the helicopter attacking the vice president

Serious Complex 10

Level up to experience level 50

Make ‘Em Scream 20

Get 100 soldiers to scream

Hero 50

Complete the game on any difficulty setting

I got same as Ed, I think.

The beta game is American only but you can download it through your American account and then play it on your UK one. Or you could do like a cheeky member of rllmuk who emailed them to say they couldn't use it as a Brit, and they sent him Fez instead. :finger:

Also, at least two people got Trials Evolution out of it!