passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

HandsomeDead

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch coming to Europe!

PlayStation 3 exclusive Japanese role-playing game Ni No Kuni launches in Europe in Q1 2013.

Publisher Namco Bandai is localising the Studio Ghibli and Level-5 collaboration, adding English voices and subtitles in French, Italian, German and Spanish.

The game also includes the original Japanese voiceover, which you'll be able to listen to with English subtitles.

"We have worked very hard on Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and it has been a great honour to collaborate with Studio Ghibli and [composer] Joe Hisaishi, so it was important for me that players outside Japan also have the best experience of the game we can give them," said Level-5 boss Akihiro Hino.

"To make this possible, we decided to invest the time in localising the game so that as many people as possible across Europe can enjoy the full experience in their own language."

Ni No Kuni has a Western subtitle of Wrath of the White Witch. The name refers to a magical world into which the hero, a 13-year-old boy called Oliver, can travel, using a magical book given to him by a fairy disguised as a doll. The game appears to take place between two realities: the real world, and the land of Ni No Kuni.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5aAs-vZ4rZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A year away but good news I think. I don't think I'm super excited for it as I think there was some lukewarm acclaim for it. But I want to see for myself.

I stumbled through about half an hour of the DS game in Japanese, seemed like a lovely Dragon Quest meets Studio Ghibli type game. I hope someobody is working on an English translation.

Unfortunately i doubt i will ever get to play Wrath of the White Witch if it remains a PS3 exclusive.

A year away but good news I think.

i read the news wrong somewhere else, thought it was 2012 :facepalm: oh well great news that it is coming eventually :) although my main interest is because of the ghibli involvement...so not sure i'll like the game. and how come it says ps3 exclusive if it's on the ds too?

I think they did pitch them as being the same when they announced them, or at least didn't correct anyone until the DS game came out in Japan

Floyd, I'm guessing any translation is either going to be emulator or hacked rom via an R4? I know there was a Wii game that worked by adding a loading a save file with the retail copy of the game (Project Zero/Fatal Frame 4?), but I can't think of any way of getting a save file on to a DS

• 3 months later...

European release date is 25th January 2013.

PlayStation 3 exclusive Japanese role-playing game Ni No Kuni launches in the UK on 25th January 2013, Namco Bandai has announced.

Publisher Namco Bandai is localising the Studio Ghibli and Level-5 collaboration, adding English voices and subtitles in French, Italian, German and Spanish.

The game also includes the original Japanese voiceover, which you'll be able to listen to with English subtitles.

Ni No Kuni has a Western subtitle of Wrath of the White Witch. The name refers to a magical world into which the hero, a 13-year-old boy called Oliver, can travel, using a magical book given to him by a fairy disguised as a doll. The game appears to take place between two realities: the real world, and the land of Ni No Kuni.

It comes out on MY BIRTHDAY! :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had seen earlier in the year that a fan translation of Ni no Kuni (the DS version) into Spanish was in the works, just checked again and it seems to be coming along nicely:

637173511.png

607774832.png

299800123.png

http://www.espalteam.com/foros/showthread.php?t=12114

They have all of the cutscenes subtitles already and about 1/3 of the game overall.

I imagine once the game is translated into Spanish an English version will appear very quickly.

• 1 month later...