passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

I do wonder if MS will offer a different pricing option ?

Noting the success of Gamepass, they could avoid an initial outlay of console cost by a bundle of Console, Gamepass & Gold, for say £30/mths over min 36 months, and that would definitely lure people over to MS.

Definitely seems something MS might do, whereas Sony wouldn't.

So aesthetically, we've gone from Grey to White. To three versions of Black and now a Black/White hybrid? As much as I do think the new controller looks nice and distinct. Nothing in the new console design really screams "Playstation".

They kind of started this design with Playstation VR. Which, ironically, was nowhere to be seen. I actually needed someone else to point that out for me because I completely forgot it existed. I wonder if there will be a 2.0 headset down the line or if they've given up on it.

I agree that the system doesn't very much look like a Playstation anymore, but seeing how ugly these things have been so far (minus the PSone, that one was cute) that's maybe a good thing. 

Ah, the Eyetoy. Cleaning windows while doing a groin thrust movement, as George Formby’s “When I’m cleaning windows” played. Maturity.

Oh sure. You were meant to use your hands in a window wiping gesture. But doing it via crotch was equally effective.

The shopto seems to be a pre-order managed to get one at 4am this morning.

I may of missed this but have Sony said the PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4 as in straight up pop the disc in? Just thinking my PS4 currently isn’t happy with certain games and last of us 2 appears to be power hungry would be great if I could just transfer the save file and carry on with the ps5, I’m under no illusion I won’t have finished this by then.

Trying to avoid getting a new PS4, this may be the first generation I’ve only got the one, ps3 I’ve got a fat and a slim, Xbox 360 got 4 of them kicking about ?

1 hour ago, Manicm said:

Xbox 360 got 4 of them kicking about ?

I thought that was standard practice for 360 owners though. My brother had at least three... RROD Insurance, or something ?

Anyway, I too caved and pre-ordered from ShopTo yesterday. [Disk Drive] PS 5 and Demon's Souls. I assume all things like the media control and headphones will be sold separately, as they were separate pre-orders? Suffice to say, if they are, I won't be buying them. TVs have speakers, after all.

spacer.png

Doesn't quite look like a placeholder this time since it also shows a release date that isn't the 31st December.

Time will tell but 499€ would be very aggressive and I can't see Microsoft matching that. Maybe with Lockhart, whatever that is or if it even exists, but not with the big Series X.

Yeah TV speakers can be dire. Maybe maf's monster TV has good speakers but lots of sets these days can sound shocking.*

We really need to see the launch line up for this. If Demon's Souls is on it then I'll probably be day one, otherwise I'm waiting this one out. Ratchet looks cool but I really don't care enough about it

*(not tv discussion, replying to OCH asking about does he need headphones (imo yes))

1 hour ago, Manicm said:

I may of missed this but have Sony said the PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4 as in straight up pop the disc in?

That haven’t said that exactly but they have said 

A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

So it’s almost guaranteed if you have the disc version of PS5.

@Maryokutai I think someone has just taken a guess, until it's live everywhere I would take everything with a pinch of salt. 

I do thin it's around the price and time we're all expecting, so it's an educated guess, but if Sony and Microsoft are playing chicken on price then they've not set it in stone themselves

56 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Yeah, I can see whoever announces their price second reacting to what the competition did.

I don't know if amazon takes guesses, but the date seems rather reasonable at least. We'll see.

It's not amazon, it's someone selling on amazon. For whatever reason it's blurred out on that photo 

49 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

It's not amazon, it's someone selling on amazon. For whatever reason it's blurred out on that photo 

No, it's amazon alright. "Expédié et vendu par amazon" = shipped and sold by amazon.

The part that's blurred out is the address of the guy who took the screenshot.

Hence why I was inclined to believe it at least a little.