passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

The more I see the design the more I think I really don't want it in my loving room so I'm veering toward waiting for a slim model in 2023 or something.

I didn't get a PS4 until the slim version released so I can wait.

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Destroyed Xbox, too. Xbox failed on 3 fundamental levels

Xbox hasn't even shown their games yet. They obviously have little control over how third-parties want to present their products, which is all they showed so far. And those games will probably be available on PS5 as well, so it was hardly a big thing for Microsoft. More of a very early look, even though it wasn't particularly well done.

You can compare their lineups in July after Microsoft's First-Party presentation.

14 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Godfall - I love character action games, this looked really interesting. Ubisoft developing though so being cautious. 

It's published by Gearbox and developed by a studio I've never heard of (Counterplay), there's no UbiSoft involved here.

Just now, Maryokutai said:

It's published by Gearbox and developed by a studio I've never heard of (Counterplay), there's no UbiSoft involved here.

My mistake, meant Gearbox are involved. Point still stands. 

16 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Xbox hasn't even shown their games yet. They obviously have little control over how third-parties want to present their products, which is all they showed so far. And those games will probably be available on PS5 as well, so it was hardly a big thing for Microsoft. More of a very early look, even though it wasn't particularly well done.

You can compare their lineups in July after Microsoft's First-Party presentation.

There were loads of 3rd party stuff in last night’s presentation and a lot of it showed really well. Or at least you could look at it and know what the games are like. The MS one was just a bunch of CGI trailers. 

I’m willing to give Microsoft their do over this month/next month, I want as heated a competition as possible. But that video was advertised as ‘come look at the new stuff for the Series X’ games and reveals and they botched it completely. 

As far as opening presentations go, one platform holder putting out a video saying look at these games, and another platform holder putting out a video saying no, look at these games, Xbox got smacked around 

I think Microsoft will reveal the price alongside Lockhart in July.

Sony will then undercut, that’s my prediction. They’ve got an event in August apparently so I imagine a price will be announced there at the latest.

I’m getting the disc version. I can’t afford to not sell all the games I buy once I’m done with them so it’s gotta be done.

There's really no reason to not get the disc version to be honest. It's the Switch vs. Switch Lite discussion all over again.

Yes, you're potentially going to save a little bit of money early on. But you also get a system that's by definition inferior to the other because it simply does less. You'll never be able to watch a BluRay movie on it, you'll never be able to borrow a game from a friend and you're always going to have to pay full price for your games unless there a sale on the store. The latter in particular will reduce the initial cost-saving exercise to dust after a couple of games anyway and might make the digital version, in fact, the more expensive one in the long run.

So even if you plan on going mostly digital it's probably still the better choice to "invest" a few more bucks for the full package to avoid some disappointments down the line IMO.

Recommended spec of TV is 4K, HDR OLED with 'variable refresh rate' and 120HZ. HDMI 2.1 support

That's like if you want the full promised feature set. Maf has one of these things. I would like to think that I could use my 1440p gsync monitor as a halfway decent compromise but lets see. I have no interest in a massive TV right now.

35 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Recommended spec of TV is 4K, HDR OLED with 'variable refresh rate' and 120HZ. HDMI 2.1 support

That's like if you want the full promised feature set. Maf has one of these things. I would like to think that I could use my 1440p gsync monitor as a halfway decent compromise but lets see. I have no interest in a massive TV right now.

Ta. Copy & pasted the first line, that should give me an idea of what to expect. Definitely not looking for a massive screen either though.