Sly Reflex

Sony Consoles and Updates

Ed, this is probably a daft question, do you get the game just for a month?? or is it available as long as your a plus member??

Was thinking of getting the 3 months sign up today, looking at the games i thought i would get some mileage out of it, would be great to get a vita game now and then as well.

They're yours until you stop subscribing to PS+. If you cancel your sub and then re-sub a few months down the line, you will still be able to access them.

Just make sure you 'purchase' the game during the free period, even if you don't download it. You'll be able to download it from your transaction history at any time, as long as you have Plus.

That seems a deal too good to be true, its the same price (almost) as xbox live, you get free games, themes etc... wonder why xbox haven't adopted this?!

If you're tempted to sign up, do it today as you'll get all of last month's games before it refreshes tomorrow. I'm not sure which one they're taking out to make room for Deus Ex.

Just signed up, downloading dark siders as this finishes tomorrow, oddworld sw, lbp2 that's enough for now but some big games there!! And for 11.99?? Bargain!

Howmuch space do the game data files take up?!! 150mb hdd and its full of all the old crap i used to play, half of it is corrupted as well, good thing i can use google!

Perhaps i can't use google, i found the secret 3rd menu. Did a system file restore, tried to delete the offending file nope won't touch it still, ah well only 2gb of data that won't go unclaimed, and i know its from Resistance 3 hmmm lousy game now stuck on my ps3.

If anyone has anyother idea's?? also anyone changed the hdd on a ps3 slim?? any limits?? was thinking of 500gb should be enough.

I have exactly the same problem with Resistance 3,short of formatting the drive I don't think there's any way of getting rid of it.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Saints Row 2 available tomorrow for PlayStation Plus users.

Ive finished GOL on the xbox but Saints Row 2, that could be fun! far too many games now and very little time to play them.

LittleBigPlanet Karting beta is now available to those with PS+. 3.5GB.

Red Dead Redemption will be September's game of the month for PS+ users.

25% off PlayStation Plus sign ups during September.

Cloud saves being increased from 150MB to 1GB.

Also, PS+ members:

From September, you'll be able to grab the critically acclaimed Machinarium, the white-knuckle ride of Retro/Grade, the reimagined classic Double Dragon: Neon and more, all at no extra cost.

I think PS+ has become essential for any Playstation owner now. I think it's great. Started Saints Row 2 last night. I've got enough stuff on there to keep me going for a year and it's stuff I've actually been wanting to play as well.

Yep i have recently got plus and while i rarely play games at the moment, it has been great for downloading updates etc.. when i flip the ps3 on to watch a blu-ray or lovefilm there is always a notification for updates, saving me some game time!!

I did miss deus ex which was the reason i got it in the first place, im sure something else will come up!

PS+ is really starting to take flight now. If it was that quality of free games all the time I'd be very tempted.

Looking at some of the recent posts in here, i think Microsoft could take a leaf out of Sony's book on this.... maybe for Gold members.

Microsoft really do need a rethink of their Gold service in the wake of Sony's recent updates for PS+, just having a solid multiplayer service isn't enough any more.

There haven't been any games that have made me want to sign up as yet, already own and have played everything they've made available so far, definitely keeping my eye on it though. I may partake in September when it's 25% off.

Can you only access and play the games for that month, or for as long as you subscribe? Would I have access to past months games if I signed up now?

Can you only access and play the games for that month, or for as long as you subscribe? Would I have access to past months games if I signed up now?

You can only initially download them in the month they're available, but Ed was saying you can then download previous "purchases" if you've deleted them, which I hope is true as I want to play Burnout Paradise.

As far as i know and could be wrong, once you download the games once they are available as long as you have the subscription. Ive got about 4 lined up on the console and another 3 or 4 in the shop area awaiting download.

Would love some ps vita support when that happens i will probably hammer whatever becomes available as long as im interested, the vita gets so much more gaming time at the moment.

One thing i would like and hope sony are working on it is lovefilm, iplayer and netflix for ps vita, can't be that far off now??