passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

not at all confusing

Yeah I couldn't give a toss about any of this truth be told, it's needlessly convoluted just for the sake of it, so it seems.

Sony launch an online dictionary of gaming terms:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/editorial/this-month-on-playstation/playstation-ultimate-gaming-glossary/

"I guess their execs were like, RTG guys are we going to PWN this....?"

Well clearly not, since those well used terms don't actually appear.

Any other glaring omissions? (DLC, Rouge-like seem obvious ones)

'Well used' terms? 👴

A term I don't see in there is 'enrage', which is a mechanic in MMOs which is basically a DPS (damage per second) timer that you have to kill a raid boss in (usually just in the hard mode content, endgame stuff). In FFXIV it usually gives you 10 minutes to kill a boss before it kills you with its 'enrage'

Pretty rare outside of a MMO though. Sometimes you see it in a JRPG. Only mention it cause it has terms like 'DPS' in that 'dictionary', as well as 'raid'

Also some of the PS1 classic games on Asia PSN are the PAL 50hz versions, which was pretty predictable I guess

Not all of them though, which is something

A common reason for this happening is cause of multiple languages being a PAL thing, but with Sony it's hard to know if they even know better sometimes. Ideally give people the option to choose NTSC as well but maybe they think that's going to be confusing

The thing is I never even knew those games ran worse than in the US at the time lol. But yeah, it's not too surprising. 

Also, the whole stacking issue has been fixed. 

The Verge article here

Seems like an error, glad its been quickly rectified. With a service like this and with Sony's history of strange digital purchase/service issues there were bound to be a few weird bugs that they'd have to eliminate. 

PSN seems like a weird tech debt monster

One thing I still hate is how the 'store region changer' actually doesn't do anything, it just lets you look at stuff on the store without changing

When my UK banking info expired on my main account (which is UK based), I had to edit the form on the HTML on their website to make them let me add my irish banking info, cause they wouldn't accept it on the system. It's so weird and backwards. It worked though