passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

18 minutes ago, Nag said:

Funny that Gran Turismo is absent too.

Given the track record for that series? If we're lucky,  expect a launch window somewhere between now and 2025...

16 hours ago, OCH said:

Given the track record for that series? If we're lucky,  expect a launch window somewhere between now and 2025...

Previous marketing materials have said 2021 but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to 2022, likewise with GoW:R.

I think the further away GoW is, the better its chances to not be cross-gen, so I think this is a good sign.

Project Athia being out this time next year seems like super wishful thinking from whoever put in that date. And why Capcom decided to announce Pragmata four years before release I'll never know.

I'm going to be a little bit jealous of those who can play Kena in March but then again I don't really feel like videogaming at all at the moment so maybe the wait until fall or so won't be that hard.

2 hours ago, mfnick said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place but after uploading saves and doing system transfer am I safe to reset and sell on my PS4 or do I need to keep it for some bizarre reason I don’t know about? 

Just be aware the system transfer could brick the PS5. It’s better to upload your saves to the cloud via PS+ on your PS4 then download them onto the PS5. 

Also, no external HDD and no Ethernet cable if you want to be safe than sorry. 

Once that’s all done though you’re safe to sell your PS4. I sold mine last month ?.

Whew!! I must have been lucky then. I’d already done the system transfer via Ethernet before reading that!!! Worked fine though thank fuck! 

Just to clarify, I’ve still got it wired for internet. Do I need to swap to wireless or is that only a issue during transfer? 

I’ll keep it wired then.

First impressions. Just immediately so much more exciting compared to the Series X. Having a slightly new UI to play around in & Astro really has made a huge difference to my initial experience. Just having such a great, charming little pack in game really makes a strong impression. The pad really is incredible too, when I first started it up and it messed about with the sounds, vibrations and the trigger resistances it felt next gen and gave me that excitement the SX is sorely lacking. The in controller speaker is loads better and actually helps with the haptics when used together. 

Speaking more about the controller. It just feels right to hold, the handles are perfect. The haptics are incredible and the trigger resistance is pretty fantastic - although slightly over hyped IMO. I’d heard odd people say they felt they were going to break the controller you have to press them that hard. Just no. It’s never like that but it is still mighty impressive and the fact it can genuinely feel like a spring in Astro is just incredible. 

However, to use I’m not sure yet. For me the stick is still in the wrong place, but its something I’ve always managed fine with. Now though, the pad is slightly larger and I feel like I’m stretching my thumb slightly to use it. Especially when pressing fully right. After a extended session last night my thumb joint started to ache which I’ve not really had before using the PS4 controller. I even held the DS4 to make sure and my thumb definitely sits better on that stick. Slightly worrying. My hands will be destroyed when I’m older anyway but this might make it happen even faster lol. 

The haptics and triggers are still a revelation though, these features will make me buy a game on the PS5 over the SX from now. As long as my thumb holds out. There’s rumours of MS adopting it into there SX controller in the future if the surveys, patents and what not are anything to go by. I really hope they do because as incredible as it is, I don’t see many 3rd parties incorporating this stuff well, but if it’s on both consoles I think it will become commonplace.

So far, really impressed. 

11 hours ago, mfnick said:

Just to clarify, I’ve still got it wired for internet. Do I need to swap to wireless or is that only a issue during transfer? 

I personally would swap to wireless but it's up to you. @Nag and @retroed have been ok, quite a few others haven't been. 

Also, I wouldn't use Rest Mode either. 

3 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Christ. Should have come with a supplementary warning leaflet. Any other issues? Can I use it? 

I don't relay these warnings for fun. I say this so you guys have the best chance of not bricking your PS5's, I'd rather say it and you avoid a potential issue than keep shtum and you get an issue.

I've never used Rest Mode, never used ethernet or an external HDD on my machine since I got it.